32. Because he loved her

"Aditi."

Rakshan screamed dropping the tea cups down. Before Aditi could register the happenings, Rakshan pulled her arm roughly making her collide with his hard chest. Unable to balance the sudden thrust, both collapsed to the ground. Stumbling in their movements, they helped the other to stand up. While one was still yet to comprehend the situation, the other was raging as a bull.

"Where you out of your senses?" Rakshan exploded holding her shoulders tight, making Aditi flinch. His heart skipped a beat when he saw the car speeding towards her.

"Do you have any idea what would have happened to you?" Rakshan barked lowering his tone an inch, seeing her frightened expression.

"Thank you Rakshan." Aditi whispered coming out of the shock.

"Just shut up. That's not the answer to my question." Rakshan shouted, loosening his grip on her shoulders . Picking her phone from the ground, she bought a water bottle from the stall. Rakshan glowered at her as she opened the bottle and handed him the water to drink.

"Rakshan I'm alright. Why are you still worried?"

"Because I love you dammit!" His heart thundered.

"What?" He shouted to himself.

"I love Aditi." His soul calmly repeated.

"Rakshan, are you listening?" Aditi waved her hand vigorously bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Hmmm." Rakshan mused. He needed time to sort out his feelings but before that he had to check her.

"Are you hurt?" Rakshan probed checking her hands for any visible injuries. Aditi shook her head negatively. Opening the back seat of the car, she made him to sit.

"Are you hurt, Rakshan?" She inquired forwarding the bottle towards him. Rakshan motioned in a no and gulped the entire water.

"Rakshan, it was careless of me for not watching the road. I'm sorry and thank you, Mr Fireball. Now please calm down." Aditi pleaded hoping to reduce the anger in him.

"Aditi, it could have cost your life." He professed softly shaking his head at the end. Seeing her blench face, he added strictly, "Fine, this is the first and last time. Be careful."

"Thank you, Mr Fireball."

******

Rakshan knew love was not something that came as a bolt from the blue. It was a gradual process. Driving the car, he began pondering his thoughts to discover when he actually fell in love with her.

Was it when she unknowingly guided me in patching up with Bhai?

Was it when she left the last coconut sweet for me?

Was it when she selflessly worked with me for my dream project?

Was it when she took an extra effort to see me wining?

Was it when she accepted her fear to fall in love?

Was it when I wished for her to experience love?

But I know I had fallen for her.

Rakshan couldn't exactly pinpoint the moment, he fell in love with her  but he knew he loved her. He had fallen for her innocence, selflessness and above all for her pure heart. That's it he was in love. Simple and sweet but the task to make his partner to feel the same was an uphill task to be.