Chapter 9 - Startist "How did this day arrive so fast?"

"How did this day arrive so fast?"

"Tae-."

"Didn't I just start work the other day? How is it already the end of the month?!"

"Tae-."

"I don't even think I'm ready. Jimin, tell me we can reschedule."

"Yeah sure, let's reschedule a planned art festival." Jimin huffed. Taehyung continued to pace around his apartment, Jimin watching from the couch as he sipped a soda, his arm draped over the couch. They had just picked a collection of tangible paintings to bring with them tomorrow and had taken pictures of others that wouldn't fit in their limited space. The pictures were stacked by the door so that Taehyung was sure he wouldn't forget them. However, even though that was done and he could relax, Taehyung continued to move his feet. It was as if the term 'relax' was no longer in his dictionary. "Okay, you're making me tired watching your pace," Jimin said as he pulled Taehyung down beside him on the couch. Taehyung's neck left his head to roll back on the couch and he groaned. "The festival isn't until tomorrow."

"I know but I can't believe it arrived so fast."

"Well, you've been busy preparing and working. Time flies when you're having fun, isn't that the saying?" Jimin grinned. Taehyung pouted, looking at his friend. "Don't worry! It'll be fine. Besides, you went to Oh Min-Jae's art show and that was ten times more intimidating, wasn't it?"

"...Guess so." He said softly.

"Besides, as much as I live to carry the weight of your career on my back, you'll have more support tomorrow than you did then. Your coworkers are coming." Taehyung nodded. "Plus, I told my boss and he said he was going to bring his son Kai, so you have him in your corner too!" Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"That clumsy businessman?" Taehyung asked curiously. "Oh great, just as I need, someone punching a hole in my paintings." Jimin laughed a bit. "But fine, fine, whatever."

"You should get some sleep. We have a long day tomorrow." Taehyung snorted.

"Sleep." Taehyung huffed, standing up from the couch, Jimin following behind. "That's a funny one." Jimin smiled, leading his friend to the bathroom so that they could get ready for bed. Jimin planned to spend the night, not only to assure that they had enough time to get everything to Ilsan but also to make sure that Taehyung woke up on time and didn't sleep through the entire event. It had happened before, and Jimin swore it would never happen again if his life depended on it. Jimin watched as Taehyung wiped his face and hand quickly through his hair, leaning against the doorframe. "I hope tomorrow goes well."

"It will. I did a sacred dance of luck during my break at work, so expect to completely sell out of your paintings within the first hour." Jimin said, making Taehyung snicker.

"If I can just sell one or two, that'll be great," Taehyung said as he walked past his friend. Jimin watched as Taehyung headed towards the couch. "Well, goodnight." Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you plan to stay up," Jimin said, walking towards him. Taehyung grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and shook his head.

"No." He said. Jimin blinked. "Jimin, as much as I love you, we haven't shared a bed since we were kids. What if rumors start flying that I'm involved with my manager?" Jimin grinned a bit, shoving Taehyung off the couch, and laughing when he heard the thud hit the floor.

"Go sleep in your bed, dumbass." He said. Taehyung stood up, and Jimin grabbed the blanket, sitting on the couch as Taehyung went towards his room, the duo saying goodnight to one another for the final time before the apartment went dark. Taehyung crawled into bed, laying on his back and staring at the ceiling. He hadn't felt his anxiety since he had his job interview. Normally, art shows excited him, but after his absolute humiliation at the last art show, where his entire career was just obliterated in front of his eyes, Taehyung no longer knew what to expect. He wanted it to go well, but he was nervous. Would people continue to see his artwork as unprofessional, or ridiculous? Would people be interested? Would he finally have to admit defeat and give up on his dreams?