Chapter 6 - Art Class

Taehyung had to admit, he was excited for the first day. Decorating the welcome banner with the kids through painting was something that everyone seemed to get behind, especially the kids. Taehyung looked around, holding a clipboard in his hands as he headed towards the paint. He still had a few things left to set up, but he wanted to learn their names so he could get started. As he was fumbling about, Hoseok tapped his shoulder.

"I'll set up the rest of the paint, go meet the kids." He said happily, grinning. Taehyung nodded, hurrying back towards the group of children anxiously waiting for their instructions.

"Okay," Taehyung said, plopping himself right beside Yuna, who was grinning ear to ear. "I'll take attendance so I can learn everyone's name."

"You already know my name," Yuna interjected, and Taehyung smiled.

"I know I do."

"Well, my name is Kai!" Kai said quickly, lifting his hand.

"I'm Yeonjun!" Before Taehyung knew it, the kids were eagerly shouting out their names in hopes that Taehyung could remember them. As he looked around as the shouting children, he laughed a bit, somewhat out of amusement, but mostly out of nervousness. He had no idea how to settle these kids, and he didn't want to mess up day one. However, a loud clap rang through the room and it all went silent almost immediately. You could almost hear a pin drop. The kids looked towards the sound of the clap, as did Taehyung, and saw none other than Hoseok. This was the first time Taehyung saw Hoseok with anything other than a grin on his face, as a stern frown stood in its usual spot.

"Boys and girls, you're being very rude shouting at Mr. Kim! He can't learn all your names if you all yell them at once! I don't know if Teacher will be happy if she comes back and finds out you're already being rude, huh?"

"...Yes, Mr. Hobi..." The kids mumbled, shifting back to their sitting positions. Hoseok nodded.

"Good. Now listen, or there's not going to be any painting." Taehyung saw Hoseok look at him, and almost as quickly as the clap, Hoseok's grin returned on his face. "There you go."

"Uh, thank you..." Taehyung nodded. "Okay..." Lifting his clipboard, he began to read off the names. Students such as Yeji, Soobin, Taehyun, and Yuna, provided polite little greetings and hellos, while rambunctious students such as Beomgyu, Kai, and Ryujin were throwing their hands up with a great big cheer and an even greater big hello. It made Taehyung smile. "Alright, so today I just want to learn about who you all are. We're going to be seeing a lot of each other. So, what's a better way than finger painting?" The kids gasped, a few having to cover their mouths to avoid whispering about how excited they were. "Mr. Hobi is putting all of the paint into plates that we'll have on the floor for you to use, but we need to make sure we're keeping the paint on this paper okay?" Taehyung pointed to the paper. "Everyone put your hands on it." The kids immediately leaned forward, their hands slapping onto the paper. "Say 'I'm going to keep the paint on the paper!'"

"I'M GOING TO KEEP THE PAINT ON THE PAPER!" The sea of children screamed in unison, grinning. Taehyung chuckled as he got up.

"Perfect." Taehyung stood up, walking over to Hoseok, who was beginning to set paper plates full of different colored paints on the floor, giving the children easy access to a wide variety of colors. "I want you to decorate the entire banner, then when it dries, we can hang it back up!" The kids wasted no time, sticking their hands in the colorful goo before smearing it across the white banner before them. Taehyung stood above the children, watching as they scribbled and drew whatever came to mind as far as their arms could reach. As he walked past Chaeryeong, he plopped down beside her, making her lookup. "What are you making?"

"I'm making a princess." She said, pointing to the crudely drawn figure, whose head was slightly too big for the dainty dress, yet whose twig arms and legs shot out of the dress like arrows being fired from their bow.