Chapter 8 - Invitations and Standing Ovations

Taehyung stared at Jimin for what felt like forever. He wasn't sure what to say in response to his friend, who just sat there with a wide grin on his face. Taehyung had to try to process it, but he couldn't. With a shake of his head, he took Jimin's shoulders.

"What did you say?" He asked curiously.

"I said that I was able to get you a vendor permit for the Annual Ilsan Art Fair at the end of the month," Jimin repeated, chuckling. Taehyung blinked. "I saw you watching the news last night at the bar, and it took almost all of my strength not to say anything then. I was waiting for the right moment." Taehyung blinked. "Does that help your hangover?"

"What hangover?! I can focus on a hangover; I need to start preparing and deciding which of my pieces I am going to bring." Taehyung practically leaped out of his seat, only to see his vision go black momentarily. His fast-paced movements along with his headache caused him to lose balance for a moment, and he stumbled back on the couch. Jimin couldn't help back laugh. "Fuck..." Taehyung huffed.

"Don't worry, you have more than enough time to focus on all of that." He said. "And don't get too overzealous, I was only able to snag you a smaller part of the venue. "

"Any place is fine with me. That means that even more people are going to see my work and maybe I can finally start selling stuff and...you know, making a name for myself." Jimin watched as Taehyung leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees as he stared at his walls that were still covered in his paintings. He sipped his ginger ale. "How did you even manage it?"

"Well, Mr. Kim had a business meeting with one of the men who appraises some of the art. I managed to catch him as he was walking out, we got on the same elevator, and we started talking. He talked about the show and I brought you up. He gave me all of the information and even waived our vending fee for me." He grinned. "He was so nice; older guy. Nothing like your best friend, Mr. Oh Min-Jae." Taehyung rolled his eyes as the mere mention of that man's name. However, honestly, he could care less. Taehyung quickly embraced Jimin in a tight hug, which stunned an unexpecting Jimin for a moment. However, he almost immediately hugged him back.

"Thank you so much, this is crazy."

"Of course. What kind of manager would I be if I didn't try to support you however I could by totally taking advantage of my position at work?" The duo laughed, and Taehyung pulled from the hug, laying his head on the back of the couch. Jimin did the same thing, grabbing his ginger ale to drink. The duo sat in silence for a moment, before Jimin rolled his head over to look at his friend. "...What are you thinking about now?" he asked curiously.

"I want to invite my coworkers to come and see me." He said.

"That's a good idea," Jimin said.

"I know my Hyung's will all come, but-."

"But you don't think the teacher will, right?" Jimin asked curiously. Taehyung nodded.

"I want her to see my real work and how serious and professional I can be."

"Just ask anyway. The worst thing that she can say is she can't come." Taehyung pouted a bit. "Or maybe ask one of the others to invite her along, if you think that she'll say yes that way." Taehyung nodded. "As I said though, don't worry too much right now because you should probably go inside and sleep so that you can function at work tomorrow."

"Ugh, I hate when you're right."

"I don't," Jimin said smugly as he finally lifted himself from the couch. Taehyung got up as well, carefully this time, and set his now empty ginger ale can on the coffee table. "I'll see you this weekend, alright?" Jimin hummed as he gave his friend a supportive pat on the back. Taehyung nodded.