Army Brat Ch.9

By the time 10pm rolls around Brittany's house is filled and people are spilling out into her front yard and back patio. I watch from the drink bar as guys throw girls into her back pool or people strip down the their underwear and sit in her hot tub drinking bottles of beers. I take a sip of my vodka and cola combination and look around. I see people making out against the wall or on the couches, a bunch of girl grinding on guys and a couple people passed out drunk in the reclining chair.

I let my eyes wonder to look for Josh. Where could he be? Brittany said he may come, I've waited for two hours only drinking a cup and a half of alcohol hoping he'd show up so I could talk to him. I sigh and shake my head before downing the rest of my drink and shivering as the liquid burns on the way down.

"Hey, Arianna, me and a couple guys are about to do shots, wanna join?" I look at Brittany and nod. No use and staying sober since it seem likes I'm not going to be talking to Josh tonight.

"Good, and I have someone I want you to meet." I raise my eyebrows when she just shakes her head and grabs my wrist before dragging me into the games room down stairs. I look around and see a line of shot glasses along the abandoned pool table and a couple guys sitting around talking.

"Hey, guy this is Arianna, she's new so be nice." I watch the guy turn around to look at me, I see a cute blonde guy with puppy dog eyes look me up and down a couple times before looking at my face.

"Hey, I'm Nate." I smile and give him a small wave just as a a really tall brunette guy step forward and give me a tight hug.

"I'm John but everybody calls me Bear." I give John, or Bear, a small smile when he puts me down and try to catch my breath. Damn I can understand why they call him Bear.

"I wonder why." I smirk and watch Bear let out a big heartily laugh before engulfing me into a another bear hug.

"Your a funny one." I smile and give him a small hug back before he lets go. I think I could be good friends with this guy, he's sweet and nobody would mess with me if this guy was around.

"Can we start already?" I hear a familiar voice ask and I freeze and snap my eyes over to the group of guys and watch Josh step around a guy that was blocking my view of him. I go to smile at him but let it fall when I see the coldness in his eyes. I flinch a little knowing I was the one the coldness was for me.

"Yeah let's get started." I hear Brittany say. I let the guys walk pass me to the pool table. I want to walk over to Josh but I can't seem to get my legs to work. I watch him walk towards me and stop right in Front of me and lean down so his mouth is to my ear. I shiver a little when his breathe hits my neck right when he opens his mouth.

"You look good for someone that's such a bitch." I open my mouth to say something but close it when I can't. I can't believe he called me a bitch. I feel him brush past me making me madder. I spin around to see him walking to the pool table.

"You can't just compliment someone and then insult them in the same sentence!" I yell making everyone in the room including Josh turn to look at me.

"Too bad I just did." I watch him smirk and shrug his shoulders making me want to punch the smirk right off his face.

"Your arrogant jerk-"

"Listen sweet heart, I would let you continue talking but I just don't care what you have to say."

"No you listen, one don't call me sweet heart, two you do care I can see it in your eyes, and three you only acting this way because i put you in your place last night. Your an ass that treats girls like shit and I'm not going to take it. I came here to apologize about last night, but I just realized that I have nothing to apologize for. Everything I said last night I ment and I don't regret a single word of it." I step back when I realize I'd gotten so close I had to look up to see him. I watch him open his mouth to say something before closing it again. I just smirk at him and turn my back to him and walk up the stairs.

God that guy just gets under my skin sometimes! I can't believe he had the nerve to talk to me like that. Ugh I just want to punch him so bad right now. I grab a bottle of unopened vodka and take a huge gulp of it and wince a bit as the burning liquid runs down my throat.

I roll my eyes when I see Josh and a couple guy walk up the stairs laughing and joking around. I scowl at Josh when he stops at the doorway and looks at me to the vodka bottle in my hand, I smirk and take another huge gulp of alcohol before taking another unopened bottle along with my opened one and heading upstairs. If I'm going to get Josh's stupid face out of my head I need to do it where he's not around.