Chapter 17

Being at school was hard. I've always liked school, don't get me wrong. But I felt like every corner I turned down I would run into Josh, Ian or Brittany.

Once I got to school I rushed to class, and after every class I would go a different route, knowing that I wouldn't run into anybody. I would purposely come late to class so I didn't have to talk to anyone and leave a soon as the bell would ring. I turn around the corner and run into somebody, spilling my books and papers from my arms all over as I crash to the floor.

"Fuck!" I yell and wince in pain. I'm so gonna have a bruise now.

"Oh god, are you okay?" I freeze when the persons voice registers in my mind. Damn it! "Oh, Arianna."

I look up and give Josh a small smile. "Oh, hey Josh."

"Where have you been all day?" He ask as he bends down and helps me pick up my papers.

"In school?" I say and roll my eyes. He's not my boyfriend so he has no right to worry about me.

"I know that. I've seen you in class but once the bell rings you totally MIA." Josh say, handing my my papers and books. I grab them from his hands quickly, making sure our fingers don't touch.

"I've been busy." I shrug and push past him.

"Where were you at lunch?" Josh ask, putting a hand on my shoulder to stop me. I suck in a deep breath and try to ignore the bolts of electricity running through my body.

"Uh.. Detention."

"You not avoiding me are you?" I whip around to face Josh, ready to deny everything but stop when I see the hurt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just." I pause, sighing and shaking my head. "I'm just not use to keeping secrets."

"Oh, so you think that by avoiding everybody you won't feel bad?" Josh snaps. I look at him for a second before shaking my head and turning on my heel. He can think what he wants, I don't care.

"Wait, I didn't mea-" Josh starts but I snap my head back to him, stomping over to him and stoping just as our noses touch.

"You," I say, jabbing my finger in his chest. "Need to shut up. You have no room to judge me, it's your fault not mine!"

"How is it my fault?" Josh snaps back.

"You kiss me first." I hiss.

"You could've pulled away instead of kissing me back!" He hisses back.

"We'll maybe I didn't want to, but it was a mistake. I never should have slept with you."

"You mean, you regret it?" I watch Josh's face drop, I feel my heart clench in my chest. I don't regret it, not a single second of my night with Josh. I loved every minute of it. I open my mouth to say something when Ian comes walking around the corner.

"Arianna! I've been looking all over for you." Ian smiles and walks over to me. I look at him and take a step back. Can I really keep this secret from him? Do I really want to start a relationship with a lie? "Oh, hey Josh."

I look over at Josh to see his eyes empty, almost like he's numb. I study his face for a minute, taking in his messy hair and tan skin. Even when he looks like a slob my body still craves his touch.

"Hey man." Josh says in a flat voice. Did my word really hurt him that bad?

"Where have you been all day?" Ian ask, turning to me. I tear my eyes away from Josh and look at Ian, my boyfriend.

"Detention."

"Oh, well I was wondering if I could come over and watch a movie with you tonight?" I flick my eyes over to Josh to see him staring at me, hurt and anger flashing across his face.

"Um, I'm sorry but I have some stuff to do." I shrug. I have to bleach the kitchen floor and wash my bathroom and sheets. I can't have my bed smelling like Josh.

"Oh well, maybe tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Maybe tomorrow." I give him a small smile and flick my eyes over to Josh. I hear the final bell ring causing student to poor out into the hallway. I need to talk to Josh but it'll have to wait till tonight. I feel Ian squeeze my hand and tug me away from a broken looking Josh. I look over my shoulder and try to find Josh but he's gone. I sigh and turn back around, letting Ian drag my out of the school and into his car.

~Author's note~

Hey guys,

Sorry this chapter isn't very long. I have no idea how to right the next part so I just ended it here! I've been busy with school n stuff, plus I just came up with another book idea!

I'll upload in a couple days! I promise!

Love,

Amber- Rose Xoxo