Army Brat Ch.6

Chapter 6

   By the time lunch rolls around I’m about ready to kill Josh. He’s the most annoying person I’ve ever meet. During Art class he kept drawing on my paper or trying to mess me up. He would look over my shoulder every five minutes to see how far I’d gotten on the assignment. He would even rub my back or play with my hair, which felt really good but it was totally distracting.

   When I was just about to snap at him the lunch bell rang. I collected all my papers and put them in the little cubby hole the teacher told me I could use, and rushed out of class. I breathed a sigh of relief when josh wasn’t in the hallway when I walked out. I walked down the hallway and around the corner to where Brittany told me to meet her before lunch.

   “Hey.” I say as I walk up to her. She looks up from her phone long enough to smile at me before going back to texting. I see Catlin and Jennifer laughing and walking down the hall towards us.

   “Omg, Brittany, you’ll never guess what Gus did just a moment ago.” Catlin laughs and Jennifer nods.

   “What did he do this time? Beat up some little nerd for not teaching him the right think for the History test?” Brittany sighs like she’s annoyed with them/

  “No, he pants some this emo kid in the hallway and the guy had on pink boxers with red heart all over them.” Catlin laughs.

   “Does he always do this?” I ask when Jennifer shows me the picture of Gus and half the student body laughing and the emo kids trying to pull up his pants.

   “Yeah, he’s the school bully. He thinks that since he’s the quarterback on the football team he can mess with who ever he want.” Jennifer says as we enter the lunch room. I look around and see that this school consist of popular kids on one side and the out cast on the other side. I follow the girl over to the salad bar and make me a chicken Caesar salad before sitting at a table.

    “Okay, so I’m throwing a party tomorrow night and you better be there Arianna.” Brittany says before taking a small bite of her salad.

   “Okay, what should I wear?” I ask and take a sip of ice water.

   “Well, that’s why were going to the mall.” says Catlin

   “Yeah, we want to find something that will get guys attention.” Jennifer smiles. I nod my head and take a bite of my salad. I have a feeling they’re gonna make me wear something totally sluty.

   “Uh, I have clothes. I don’t need to buy anything for the party.” I say just as Josh takes a seat beside me.

   “Oh, are you going to wear something reveling?” Josh ask and bumps my shoulder with his.

   “No, I like to keep guys guessing.” I smirk at him and pop a piece of chicken in my mouth.

   “To bad, I’d totally love to see you in something sluty.” Josh smirks back and takes a sip of my water. Great, now I have to get a new glass of water.

   “Josh, stop harassing Arianna.” Ian sighs as he sits down on the other side of me.

   “I’m just have a little fun man, trying to figure out what she’s going to wear to the party tomorrow night.” Josh laughs and takes a piece of chicken from my barley eaten salad. I narrow my eyes at him and slide  my plate to him.

   “Well I bet she’ll look good no matter what she wears to the party.” Ian smiles. I smile back and reach for my cup of water only to remember Josh drank from it.

   “Thanks.”

   “So, Arianna where are you from?” Brittany ask, I look at her and she looks annoyed to have the boys sitting here. I bite my lip to keep from smiling at the thought of her yelling at Josh to fuck off.

   “I was born in New York, but my mom makes us move every three or four months.”

   “Oh, so your an army brat.” Josh says and takes a huge bite of my use to be salad.

   “I guess you could say that.” I shrug.

   “Where all have you been?” Jennifer ask.

   “Everywhere, my mom’s job make her move when the job market jumps to a new town or state.”

   “What does your dad do?” Catlin ask without looking up from her phone.

   “I don’t know. I’ve never meet him.” I say. “My mom told me he wanted to be a pro baseball player though.”

   “So you really don’t mind having to move every couple of months?” Ian asks

   “Not really, I mean who can say that by the time they turned seventeen they had been all around the US?” I laugh and pull out my baby lips chap stick a swipe some on. I notice both Josh and Ian watching me as I do it and Catlin and Jennifer watching them. I give Josh a bad look when he bumps his knee with mine right before he gets up and throws his trash away. I watching walk to the door and look back at me before walking out the door. I roll my eyes and get up just as the bell rings. I guess Josh will just have to wait to talk to me.