Army Brat. Ch.4

Chapter 4

Ian and I sit on the beach sipping blue slushies and eating huge slices of macaroni pizza. I throw my pizza crust in the pizza box and lay back onto the warm sand. I close my eyes and bask in the sun, knowing that if I was still in Wisconsin I'd be wearing gloves, long pants, and a couple jackets.

"Is it always this warm in November?" I ask Ian and take a sip of my slushie.

"Yeah, but don't stay to long in the water or you'll get sick. Trust me I went surfing in December one year and was out of school for a month." he laughs and lays out beside me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. That must have sucked."

"Yeah, my parents took away my surf board for like three months."

"Well you wouldn't have been able to surf until the summer anyways." I laugh and throw some sand at him.

"No, I could have. You just can't be in very long. You have to take breaks to warm up." he says and throws a hand full of sand on my tank top.

"Oh. Well do you think you could teach me how to surf one day?" I ask and stand up so I can get the sand out of my tank top.

"Yeah, anytime."

"When does lunch end?" I ask as I kick some sand on him and laugh when he gets some in his mouth.

"Your going to pay for that now." he says in between whipping off his tongue and spitting it out. I laugh and walk further down the beach. I take off my shoes and step on to the wet sand and let the water rush over my feet. I shiver a little as the cold water touches my feet, Ian was right, I wouldn't be able to spend the whole day in this water without getting sick. It feels like I just stepped into a bath of melted ice. I turn around to see if Ian is still spitting out sand but see that he's running towards me.

"Don't you dare." I laugh and run away from him. I feel the wet sand hit the back of my leg as I run away from Ian.

"Oh, come one Arianna, I'm not going to do anything." he says. I look back to see that he's getting close to me and I pick up speed. God it's been forever since I ran on a beach. I forgot how much work it is. My legs starts to burn and I shortly start to feel out of breath. I start to slow down and regret it because Ian grabs me around my waist and spins me around. I let out a little scream and start laughing making my ribs hurt and causing me to be even more out of breath.

"Let me go." I say in between gasp of air. I hold onto Ian's arm when he lets me sown trying to get over the dizziness. When I finally let him go he pushes me playfully making me fall on my hands and knees into the water.

"Now, that's just rude, pushing the new girl into a freezing cold ocean." I give him a playful scowl and get up, whipping the sand off my hands and legs.

"You kicked sand into my mouth." he protest as we walk up the beach towards out pizza box and not semi-melted slushies.

"I didn't mean to."

"Well I didn't mean for u to fall, klutz." he laughs

"Oh, shut up." I scowl and push him making him spill his blue slushie onto his white shirt. I laugh and run up the beach towards his car before he can do something.

"You owe me a shirt!" he yells as he chases me up the beach.

"Okay." I laugh and jump into his car and making sand go everywhere in his clean car.

"I'll hold you to that." he says as he gets into the car. I smile at him before taking a sip of my drink and buckling up.

"Whatever you say."