Army Brat. Ch8

Chapter 8

   I ended up waking up late and missing school. In stead of worrying about it I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up around 3 pm because I felt something vibrating in my bed. Turns out I left my phone under my pillow.

   “Hello?” I whisper into the phone

   “Why are you not at school?” I hear my mom screech into the phone. Shit, the school must have called her.

   “I over slept.”

   “Did you not set you alarm?”

   “I didn’t hear it go off.” I shrug, I stumble out of bed and down the stairs. I let her yell at me a little more for being irresponsible for not getting up. I roll my eyes and keep my thought to myself, knowing that if I yell at her for being the one that went out and got drunk on a work night, or telling her that I’ve been getting myself up for school since I was in 6th grade because she was to busy with her job, I would get grounded and I didn’t want to be stuck in the house.

    When my mom is finally done yelling at me I say bye and head up stairs. I throw on a pair of short and a pink tank top, I slip on a pair of tennis shoes and grab my headphones. I grab my keys from my purse and stuff them in my pocket before heading outside and make my way to the school. As I walk down the street I put in my head phones and crank up my music, listening to Avril Lavigne’s Sk8r Boy.

  It only takes me ten minutes to get to the school by walking. By the time I get to my car and unlock it the school bell rings making students poor out of the school, happy that it’s Friday. I notice Brittany walk out of the school talking to Josh making me roll my eyes. When Brittany see’s me she leaves Josh and walks over to me.

   “Hey, I stopped by your house and honked like 5 times but you never came out, and I didn’t want to be late so I left.” she says and give me a small smile.

   “Sorry, I had a bad night last night and I over slept.” I shrug and look down at my keys.

   “It’s okay.” Brittany shrugs, “So your coming to my party tonight right?”

   “I wouldn’t miss it.” I smile. I’m so ready to party. I can’t wait for tonight. “What time?” I ask

   “Eight. Here I’ll text you the directions to my house unless you want me to pick you up and we can get ready together.” she smiles and hands me her phone. I quickly type in my name and number and hand it back to her.

   “Yeah, just text me the directions around six and I’ll come over with my dress. I can help you set up also.” I smile and wave bye before getting in my car and driving away.

   I let out a small a small gasp when I pull into Brittany’s driveway. Her house was gorgeous, and massive! I couldn’t believe my eyes, luckily I haven’t done my make up so I can rub my eyes as much as I want too. I swear I rubbed my eyes for five minutes  before I finally assured myself I wasn’t dreams. I step out of the car and gasp again. Could this house be anymore beautiful? The light yellow paint if perfect, not a spot of peeling paint in sight, the attack window is stained glassed with what looks like an angel holding something in her hands, the windows are covered with white lace curtains and there’s a balcony underneath two of the front upstairs windows.

   “Arianna?”

  I jump at the sound of my name and look at the door, I smile when I see Brittany standing in the door way in a rob and pajama pants. I lock my car and walk up the steps hold my make up bag and a bag full of dresses and shoes.

   “Hey, I love you house.” I smiled and walked into her house when she stepped aside. I couldn’t help but gasp again, the house was way more gorgeous on the inside. I can’t even put the beauty into words if I wanted to.