Army Brat Ch,3

Chapter 3

    I spent more than four periods in the principals office filling out transfer papers, getting my class schedule just right, and answering questions about my last few schools. Why I ended up getting OSS one time (This one guy smacked my ass and I broke his nose) how come I have so many detentions (People were walking like snails through the hallways) and telling me I have a 4.0 GPA even though I move a lot.

    “Come at the end of the day tomorrow if you have any problems with any of your classes” Principle Jones smiles and hands me my class schedule.

    “Thank you.” I smile and take my schedule from her perfectly polished hand and walk out of the office. I look down at the paper in my hands and smile. I have art class this period then lunch. I walk down the empty hallway towards the art wing of the school. I turn a couple corners and gasp. The walls are filled with drawings, owls sitting on a tree branch, kids playing on a play ground, a girl and a guy hugging. I run my hands over the walls, smiling at the amazing artwork.

    “Amazing isn’t it?” a voice says behind me. I jump and whirl around to see Josh watching me and leaning up against the wall.

    “Don’t do that!” I say and slap him on the arm. I put my hand on my chest and breath deeply trying to get my heart beat back to normal.

    “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” he laughs. I roll my eyes and start to walk away when josh grabs my hurt wrist.

    “Owe!” I cry and snatch my wrist back. I rub it and notice a couple bruises have started to form. I sigh and wish I had some bracelets with me.

    “Did you get the nurse to check that out?” Josh ask as he watched me rub my now throbbing wrist.

    “No, I’ve been with the principle the whole time.” I sigh and roll my eyes. He shakes his head and shrugs it off.

    “Well, I have to get to class.” I shrug and look down at my schedule.

    “What class?” Josh ask as he snatches the schedule from my hands.

    “Hey, give that back!” I go to jump for it but he raises it above his head. These are the times I have being so short. I keep jumping for it but josh is at least 3 inches taller than me.

    “This is sooo not fair.”

     “Yeah, but it’s funny watching you get so mad.” he laughs. I shake my head and cross my arms not willing to jump any more. After about a two minute stare down he finally gives me back my paper.

   “I have the same class with you.” he says and takes my elbow. I let him lead me to the end of the hallway before I move my elbow out of his hands. I shiver a little and smooth out my clothes before opening the door and walking in. I walk straight to the teachers desk where a petite woman sits look through papers of drawing. I smile when she looks up and looks from me to Josh. I hand her my class schedule as Josh introduces me to Mrs. Harper.

   “Mrs. Harper this is Arianna Star. She just moved here.” Josh smiles at her and I swear she blushes just slightly. I look at josh and understand why she would. He really good looking. If he wasn’t such and annoying jerk I’d probably be blushing to.

    “Well, welcome to art class Ms. Star.” she chirps and hands me back my schedule. “You can sit with Josh since you seem to know him.” she smiles. I smile back and repress a moan. Just my luck, I have to sit by the guy that gets one my nerves. I see josh smiling and I narrow my eyes at him. This is going to be a long three months.

     When the lunch bell rings I thank god. I fast walk out of the classroom and find a bathroom, waiting there till the hallway dies down and I head out. I pull out my Iphone and make sure my mom hasn’t tried getting a hold of me. I sigh at the three missed calls an one unread massage.

                Remember to come straight home from school.

                U need to unpack you things.

    I roll my eyes and hit reply only to run into to something solid and fall on the ground. I hear my phone hit the floor, someone’s books slamming on the floor and someone falling on their ass.

   “Shit.” I wince as I try to sit up. I look around for my phone and see it by the wall. Hopefully not broken.

    “Hey, I’m sorry I should’ve been watching where I was going.” I look up to see an adorable guy offering me his hand. I smile up at him and take his hand. The first think I notice is his ice blue eyes, his pale blonde hair falling over his eyes, his tan skin makes his hair and eyes stand out even more and his jaw line is to die for.

   “Uh, no it’s okay. I was the one texting and not watching where I was going.” I smile and walk over to my phone. I breath a sigh of relief when I see there not a single scratch on it.

   “No really it was my fault. I probably should stop reading and walking.” he smiles and I can’t resist smiling back.

   “I’m Arianna. What’s your name?” I ask and help him pick up his science and history books.

   “I’m Ian Thomas.” I smile at him as I give him his books. “You the new girl aren’t you?”

    “Yes.” I sigh and put my phone in my purse.

    “Everybody’s talking about how Gus groped you in the parking lot and Josh punched him.”

    “Great, just great. Look I need to go, maybe I’ll see you around Ian.” I smile and start walking towards the cafeteria.

   “Wait are you going to lunch?” Ian asks as he runs up beside me books in hand.

   “Yes, it’s not like I can avoid everybody forever. Plus I’m starving.” I say

   “I have lunch this period, and we’re aloud to leave during lunch, do you want to get something to eat?”

   “Yes! Please, I really don’t feel like being stared at while I eat.” I laugh and follow him out to the parking lot. I smile as he opens the passenger side door for me. I slide in and watch him walk around to the drivers side.

    “So, where to?”

    I smile at him thinking of the perfect place to go.