Twenty-fourth chapter

Comincia dall'inizio

"I will defeat you, Princess." He said.

"Just Amanda." I said. He nodded.

"Noel tidy up the living room first." Alex said.

"They will come. I forget." He said and went to the living room. I went to the living room too after I finished my breakfast. Noel was sitting there lying on the couch and watching a match. I sat down next to him. How can someone love this where men kicking a ball? It doesn't make sense, but I didn't say anything. Liz walked into the living room and took the remote control out of Noel's hand.

"Hey!" He shouted indignantly.

"It's my time. You know it. Get out!" She said. He growled but stood up and walked away. I listened with bated breath to their discussion and I stood up too and walked after him. We played for about two hours, but I was distracted by the fact that Liz didn't look at me either after she entered the room. She really hates me. I put the controller on my lap and covered my face with my hands. I felt someone hugged me. I started crying better. The person just stocked my back. When I felt better, I looked up. Noel looked at me remorsefully.

"I'm sorry! I thought you were used to it, but it doesn't seem to me." I frowned. "I had no idea how it felt to get into another family, and I was selfish that I was just thinking about myself." He said sadly. I shook my head.

"It isn't your fault." I whipped my eyes.

"You can go if you want. Though James and the others are soon here. You should rest." He smiled faintly. I stood up and hugged him.

"I will miss you." I whispered.

"You too." He hugged me tightly.

"Did I miss something?" Alex entered. "Noel are you crying?" He surprised.

"No. A man never cries." He said seriously and wiped his eyes. Alex smiled.

"You are just a kid." He said.

"Well yeah. I am crying." Noel hugged me again.

"They will be here soon. Come for lunch." He said.

Lunch was pretty embarrassing since Liz was here too and of course I can't always avoid her. James and the others arrived ten minutes later, and we went into the living room together. I sat at the table. Next to me was Lily who was drawing something, next to her was Cody, next to him was Noel and on the other side was Liz, who was pushing her phone. The couch was occupied by the others. They talked about the yesterday's performance. Sometimes they asked me some questions like what it is like to live in a castle, what my duties are etc. When I started talking Liz got up and went out.

"It's you." Lily put her drawing excitedly in front of me on the table when it was done. "There is your tiara too." I smiled. She is so cute. "Do you have a makeup?" I nodded. Her eyes lit up. "Can I do your makeup please?" She looked at me with her big blue eyes and she pursed her lower lip.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Lily." Kimberly said. "I'm sure Amanda doesn't want to spoil her makeup."

"No problem." I said quickly. Lily grinned and started pushing me that she want to make my makeup now.

We went into the bathroom from where I brought out the makeup and we went into the kitchen where I could sit.

"Now close your eyes and don't open it." She said. Maybe it was a bad idea. I felt that it was not only my eyes and lips that painted but also what I didn't need makeup for.

"You can open your eyes." She said. Alex entered in the kitchen and when he saw me, he smiled and covered his mouth, but I heard he tried not to laugh. "You are so beautiful. Come and looked it." She took my hand and we went into the bathroom. When I saw myself there I thought I would faint.