Fourteenth chapter

"Liz wasn't fault." Alex said.

"When I don't understand." I looked at him questioningly. He sighed.

"It was Liz's birthday that day. She really wanted us to be together, but Marissa had to left due to a negotiation. Liz appeared in a doorway when I spoke with Marissa and she wanted to spoke with her mother. I gave her a phone and she told Marissa to stay there in the hotel because she saw in the news that there was a terrible storm in London. After she gave me back the phone, I told her that Marissa brought the gift for her. I spoke into the phone to get on the plane calmly nothing will go wrong. Five hours later we got a phone call saying one of the engines stopped due to the storm, so the plane crashed, and no one survived. Liz therefore blames me mainly because I told her mom to get on the plane. That day she went into the bath and ate about six eye sleeping pills and I found her next to the tub. Fortunately, they washed her stomach in the hospital and she survived. Then, after the incident, she promised she won't do it again." He paused and looked at the mug.

"Did she keep her promise?" He took a deep breath.

"She tried it again on her birthday last year." He whispered. I started to tear and wiped my eyes.

"I have since processed what happened. They are here for me. Although they aren't my own children." There were a few minutes of silence between us. It can be awful to grow up without a real family member, but they are very lucky that someone cares about them. "I'm rude. Do you want some tea?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I'd rather go back to the living room." When I almost got out, I heard a sniff and pounding footsteps hurrying towards the second floor. I turned back into the doorway.

"I really would have one more question." He raised his eyebrow. "What will happen tomorrow?" He smiled.

"Liz and Noel always get up at six thirty on a weekday. The school start at eight o'clock. Every day I will take you by car and bring you home. You are a foreign exchange student who actually came from Spain. The headmaster and deputy headmaster only know who you really are. You have to lie to the teachers and the students. You should study properly like the other students because your results are returned to the castle. It is suitable for you?" He asked.

"Yes, it is. What do I need?" I asked.

"I thought you brought booklets so you can take notes in them, but you can ask your classmates or teachers beforehand. Also, you need a pencil case and false documents are also needed. I give them to you tomorrow." He said.

"Why is this necessary?"

"Just in case. I don't think you want to fail." I shook my head. "Any other question?" He smiled.

"No, I haven't." I said.

"Go and pack things in one of your bags!" I did what he said and since I had no better thing to do afterwards, I sat down on the couch and I watched a movie.

"Let's go to eat dinner!" Noel appeared on the doorway. I went after him, but I stopped in the kitchen doorway when I saw Liz sitting in her place. She looked at me hostilely.

"Can't I eat later?" I asked in surprised.

"Then me too." Noel said.

"Don't make you feel uncomfortable because of me! I'd rather go up. My appetite is gone anyway." Liz said and looked at me scornfully. She got up, bypassed me, and went up the stairs. I bowed my head and started staring at the floor.

"She has to stay thin anyway." Noel said and sat down his chair.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cheerleaders are prescribed a strict diet. There must be a certain weight to be able to lift her. However, she isn't a fatty type, so she doesn't have to strictly follow a diet. She is too strict for herself." Alex sighed. "I tried to get her to eat more a long time ago, but she refuses."