Twenty-second chapter

From then on, I stayed in the living room and went out when I was really feeling hungry. Luckily or unluckily Liz wasn't here. After I ate the breakfast, I went to the stairs to check her. I opened her door.

"Did you eat?" She sat on the bed and nodded without looking at me. "Well, I go." She nodded again. I walked back and went to learn.

I went up every hour to check her. Luckily, Liz had nothing wrong. The second time when I went to her room, she said I am annoying, but I just shrugged.

The five o'clock came sooner than I thought. I've already noticed that Alex and Noel are disappearing from us and I was going back with Liz to the backstage.

"Thanks God!" The teacher said when he saw us. "Liz go change your clothes." Liz nodded and walked away.

"And I?" I asked.

"You can see them well from there." He pointed a place which was close to the curtain. I nodded and walked there.

I looked out from behind the curtain. There weren't many people yet because it was still about half past five. They became more and more in every minute. The scene has begun. A guy stepped on the stage nervously but overcame it. Everyone was pretty good. Liz was so beautiful in the red and white dress. Her dress was the most beautiful of them all. In the second pause the teacher looked at Liz anxiously who is stand near me.

"Aaron felt bad. Chase will be the new Romeo." He said and scratched the back of his neck.

"What?" She set off towards the locker rooms nervously.

The last scenes also began. Everything was fine until Chase stated that he wouldn't go out to kiss Liz.

"What? Don't talk nonsense!" The teacher said. Chase face was white. He ran suddenly into the restroom.

"Give my god that he won't be sick." The teacher muttered and walked after him.

I saw Liz on the other side. She looked nervous. She nervously walked back and forth. When she noticed I was watching her, she stopped and looked at me. We looked at each other from a distance with suffocated breath. The scene-designer guy touched her shoulder. She shook her head and looked up at him. Shock was reflected on her face.

"There is a trouble." The teacher reached me. He looked nervous. I almost fell because I want to know what Liz and the guy talk about.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"Chase also sick. They both ate some spoiled food. All our hopes are lost. I give up!" He sat down on the chair sadly. I looked through where Liz stood. She was already sitting on a chair there and buried her head in the palm of her hands. I bit my lip.

"Isn't there other solution?" I asked without looking at him.

"If you know someone for whom the Romeo costume is good don't hold back." He sighed. "I wouldn't care anymore if that person will be a girl."

"A girl?" I turned to him.

"There are wigs here but surely no one will take on the role of a man." I looked in the opposite direction last time. Liz had already wiped her eyes.

"I'll do it." He raised his head. "I will be Romeo." I said convincingly.

"Really?" He stood up quickly and touched my shoulders excitedly.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Do you know the dialogue?" I smiled.

"Of course. This is my favorite short story." He grinned broadly.