First chapter

The ball room is the biggest room of all with huge windows. It has high ceiling where the chandeliers are hanging in shiny gold color. The wall is white, and you can find some candlestick with candles on it. There was a red carpet all over the wooden floor. In the middle of the room is empty but there are set tables and chairs on the edge. On the tables have gold cutlery, beautifully folded paper napkins, porcelain plates, glass cups and candles.

The most annoying thing is waiting for your name to be pronounced. Then walk down in a high heel shoes on twenty-five flight of stairs. During this time, you must smile and try not to fall down the stairs. Believe me, it's not easy.

"I greet everyone who managed to come to tonight my daughter's name day party. I hope you will have a good time. The drink available on the tables and our waiters will offer for you too. The dishes will be served later, but small snacks are available from the waiters who I have already mentioned. And now, it gives me great pleasure to introduce my only daughter. The princess. Amanda K. Costigan." My dad said.

"Finally!" I whispered.

I try to step slowly and look ahead as it should be. Everybody looking at me. Someone seriously while someone smiled, or another people looked surprised. I used to people's gaze. When I got down, I let out the kept inside air. I walked to my father with a fake smile on my face. I'm a little bit nervous. My dad smiled reassuringly at me. It seemed like he was a little bit nervous like me and excited. He started speaking again.

"As we do in every year, we start with the father's daughter dance."

He bowed before me. I puked and nodded my head. He held out his hand to me and I accepted it. The musicians started playing the Wiener Blut from Johann Strauss and we started dancing. Towards the end, several people joined us. At the end of the song my dad bowed and without waiting for an answer he walked over to my mom to asked her to dance. I wasn't left alone for long because I was asked to dance, and I couldn't say no. If I do it, this show my family in a wrong color. A talked to some people while we danced. We talked about me or their family, the politics, or the economic situation. There were also recurring questions like how tall I am, how I am standing with learning, am I already waiting for the coronation. My last favorite was, do I already have a husband candidate? This question surprised me. I never expected this question. I think I looked like who faint at any moment.

"Are you Ok?" Miguel Diaz asked who the king of Mexico.

"Yes, yes. I just need to rest a bit. Excuse me." I said and left him.

I was looking for a waiter as fast as I could. Jason looked up at me when I approached him. He looked at me as weird as the aforementioned man and handed me a glass of wine without questioning. I drank like I hadn't been drinking anything in about a year.

"Are you Ok? Only in moderation. If you get drunk, I'll be fired. I'll kidnap you and sell you as a slave on the black market." He tried to say it serious but there was a smile on the edge of his mouth. I started laughing but I touched my head because it started hurt.

"Take a seat please. You look like Snow White in a bad way." He said.

"Jason you're so kind. Did I say that before?" I said sardonically but I did what he said.

"No, not yet." After a little silence he spoke again. "Will you be okay alone, or will I stay here?" I looked at him imploringly. He sighed and sat down next to me.

"Thank you." I smiled at him.

"But if your parents really will fire..." He couldn't finish the sentence because I intervened.

"They won't fire you. Calm down. I felt bad and you stayed here to take care of me." I said.

"Nice save." He looked at me appreciatively.