Fifteenth chapter

"Get up! It's school time." I heard Alex's voice. I grabbed the pillow under me and squeezed it over my head. I heard someone opened the door. "Did you wake up?" Alex asked.

"No." I whimpered.

"If you want good for yourself, you wake up. Ten seconds and the Noel bomb explodes."

"What kind of Noel bomb?" I looked at him tiredly.

"Ten. Nine. Eight." He began to count down. I looked at him blankly.

"What the hell? I asked and heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Five. Four." Noel appeared in the doorway. "Two. One. Zero." Noel stood up the edge of the bed and wanted to jump on me. I rolled away and fell off the couch with a blanket.

"Auch!" I said.

"The wake-up mission was successful." Noel said after he climbed off the bed and gave to Alex a high five and he walked out.

"What was that good for?" I stroked my back.

"I'm sorry! It is a tradition." He came close to me and held out both his hands and pulled me up.

"I'm not surprised if Liz is angry." I mumbled.

"Rather, don't run into her now." He smiled. I rolled my eyes. "I brought you one of Liz's black hoodies because you can't wear yours. Then after school we go shopping." I nodded. "When you are ready you can find breakfast on the table." He went out. After I got dressed, I combed my hair and brushed my teeth I set off to eat. Noel was already there and ate the cereals and I joined to him. Two minutes later Liz appeared in a doorway. She yawned, scratched her head and she sat down in front of me.

"Did you meet the cheese eater monsters last night?" Alex asked as he washed the dishes. Liz froze in a moment.

"What monsters?" Noel asked frightened.

"They come down at night and take away all the cheese and nothing is left in the morning." Liz said with a faintly smile.

"How do you know that?" Alex asked and turned to us, but he can't see her face. Liz began to bite her mouth nervously.

"Everyone knows that." I said with a stifled smile. Alex rolled his eyes, shook his head, and turned back silently and continued washing the dishes.

"Are they dangerous? Noel asked with a scared expression.

"No, they aren't. They are just stealing your cheese." I said.

"What are they like?" Noel asked. I looked at Liz.

"They are yellow." She looked at me with ugly face. I laughed.

"Are they kind?" Liz looked at me with a frown and started to eat her cereal.

"It depends." I said.

"Depends on what?" Noel and Liz asked in a same time.

"It depends on what mood they are in. They can be kind, but sometimes rude and then more violent." I said with a smile. I looked at Liz, but she looked at her food.

"How to deal with them?" He asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. It is very rare for a person to see them. They rarely emerge. They don't like people." I said.

"You need to eat!" Alex said.

"No one really knows them." Liz mumbled.

"Have you ever met one?" Noel whispered.

"Yes, I have." Liz said.

"Are you just saying it now? What was it like?" He asked excitedly. She looked at me.