Rhaella then turned to Alyssa and hugged her, carful of the bundle in between them. Then the Queen's lavender eyes landed on Lyrella and they watered. "Oh, my lovely granddaughter" Rhaella looked at the little girl in adoration, "May I?"

"Of course" Alyssa handed over her daughter and the Queen bounced her softly in her arms. Being married to Aerys, Rhaella didn't have much happiness in her life, but her eyes always lit up in the presence of her family.

"Such a little beauty" Rhaella cooed, "She will grow up to look just like her mother."

"Observe how everyone connects her beauty to me and not to you" Alyssa smirked, nudging her husband's arm and he gave her an amused smile.

"And who can blame them?" Rhaegar grinned at her and from the corner of her eye she could see Rhaella looked between the two of them with a knowing smile.

"Lissa!" Viserys shouted as he entered the room and just like the day she had left he ran towards her and she bent down to catch him just in time.

"Vis!" Alyssa cheered as she spun the little prince around. Viserys giggled while Alyssa spun around in circles before stopping and holding over her head for a few second and then hugging him to her body. "I missed you, my love."

"How loved I feel over here" Rhaegar said sarcastically, "You have tree brothers of your own, do you have to steal mine?"

"It's not my fault he loves me more" Alyssa said before turning back to Viserys, "How is my favourite prince doing?"

"Mother, she is being mean" Rhaegar fake complained which caused both Alyssa and Rhaella to chuckle.

"I missed you Lissa" Viserys hugged her neck tighter, "It was not fun here without you. No one could play with me."

"It wasn't fun for me either. Your brother is very boring" Alyssa whispered conspiratorially before sending an innocent smile towards her husband.

"He is always reading or working" Viserys agreed and Rhaegar rolled his eyes at the two, reaching over to ruffle his little brother's hair which caused the little prince to giggle and bury his head in her neck. "Who is that?" Viserys then asked, pointing at the bundle in Rhaella's arms.

"That is your niece" Alyssa explained, walking a little closer so Viserys could get a better look at her, "Her name is Lyrella."

"She is tiny" Viserys concluded while looking at her with curiosity, "When will she be able to play with me?"

"That will be in a few years" Rhaegar told him, "and then she will also need you to be the best uncle in the world."

"I promise I will" Viserys said before leaning over to play with Lyrella's hand. "She looks like Lissa, but with Rhaegar's eyes."

"Aye, a fierce black dragon with purple eyes" Alyssa grinned at the little boy in her arms.

"Like Balerion?"

"Exactly."

.•° ✿ °•.

Over a fortnight had passed since Alyssa and Rhaegar had returned to King's Landing and they were once again back to barely seeing each other. Upon their return they had returned to their old rooms, none of them bringing up the fact that they had been sharing a bed for moons now.