Jennie and the Alpha (3)

THIRD PERSON POV

Jennie looked at her. "What's impossible and why do you have that stupid look on your face? Stop smiling and answer me."

Lisa looked down at her. She is amazing, she thought, and so beautiful. Then her words penetrated her mind. She looked up at her and pulled her to her feet. "Come on, were leaving."

"What? We just got here. Why are we leaving?" Lisa was walking so fast, Jennie was practically being pulled along.

Lisa pulled out her cell phone as they stopped at the edge of the street. "Pull the car around," she said to the person on the other end of the line. Jennie watched as her silver Mercedes Cabriolet was driven up to them with a black SUV behind it. "Meet us back at my house and tell Joohyun to bring her equipment and meet us," she told the man driving Jennie's car.

"Lisa, where are we going?"

Lisa looked at her and smiled, "to my humble abode," she replied. Jennie looked at her as if she was crazy. She must be. Why else would she believe that she would willingly go home with her?

"I'm not going home with you. In fact Miss. Take Charge, you can pull over, get out of my car, and make a call for someone to 'pull the car around' for you."

"Jennie, please? Can we not argue right now? I don't want you to get worked up. We'll talk when we get to my house." Lisa leaned over and gave her a kiss. "Ewh, I forgot you threw up. " She smacked her lips some more, "gross, I think I can taste it."

"Good. That's what you deserve for kissing someone who doesn't want to be kissed," Jennie replied, looking very satisfied with herself. Lisa didn't say another word the rest of the way.

During the car ride, Jennie looked out the window. It was starting to get dark now, but it wasn't hard to make out all the trees that they were passing by. When Lisa pulled up to her "humble abode," Jennie's first impression was that it wasn't so humble. The house was enormous. The place resembled an old century style mansion: Lots of landscaping and shrubbery. The house was made of bricks and had columns and featured a few modern additions, such as a garage.

Jennie had only ever seen these houses in history books. She had always thought them beautiful and wanted to see one in real life. Walking inside, Jennie was spellbound. The house held furniture from what Jennie could only imagine was from at the same period as the house. There were paintings everywhere and she couldn't identify a single artist, but she knew they must be worth quite a bit of money. Lisa's voice pulled her out of her thoughts, "Jennie, this way." Jennie didn't realize that she had stopped moving.

She followed her up the stairs and into a large bedroom. The bed was a California king with blue-grey and chocolate square pattern. The only reason she knew that the furniture in the room was dark cherry wood, was because her dad was a fan of it. If dark cherry wood was an option, then that was what he got.

"What are we doing in your bedroom?"

"Just a small exam. Lay down on the edge of the bed, I'll be right back." Lisa was gone in a flash.

Jennie did not take kindly to Lisa's demand, but before she could think about that any further a woman came in with a look of despise on her face. The woman was short, with long black hair and had a body which was lean with small curves. She was probably considered beautiful to many people, but to Jennie, her attitude made her ugly. It seemed like the ravenhaired was going to say something very unpleasant but suddenly, a fake brilliant smile was posted on her face and Jennie on had to look towards the door to see who put it there.

"Lisa, I was just about to start. Who is this creature that you have brought to me?" The raven head's voice was way too polite. Can you say FAKE?

"Joohyun, this is Jennie. Jennie, this is Joohyun, one of the doctors from my pack." Lisa looked at Jennie the whole time she spoke. "Jennie hasn't been feeling well for the past two days. I want you to examine her and tell me the cause if you can."