'Mar..' Sirius started.
'You guys will never understand how grateful I am to have these, but you both need to grow up and get some common sense, you do not go into a house known for death eater activity, if either of you had been hurt or killed how would that affect all of us. What you guys did was ridiculous and no wonder you did it in the dead of night because there is no way you would ever get permission because of how dumb it was for you to go.'

'We did get permission.' James argued.
'You what?'
'Dumbledoor let us, he said that we are both seventeen so it was our choice.'
'He let you go?' Marlene turned away from the boys 'Lily did you know what they were doing?'
'No. If I did I wouldn't of let them go.'
'What kind of a headmaster let's his students leave in the middle of the night.' The boys looked as if they were about to argue back but Lily interrupted them.
'She's right, it was wrong with him to let you go. I don't trust him..James remember what you were telling me? That he didn't care that Marlene had fainted and carried on talking to you.'
'He what?' Marlene turned back around.
'Mar it wasn't that big of a deal, it wasn't like he left you there, he checked you over first and told us it was fine for us to take you back to your dorm.'
'I don't trust him.'
'Neither do I.' Lily agreed with Marlene.

'You know he wants us to join the Order.'
'He wants us to give him full trust.'
'Marlene he is the best wizard in the world, you know that.'
'That doesn't mean he can be trusted. He uses people, like pawns, he wouldn't care if we died as long as it was for what he wants.'
'Mar..' Remus started
'No Rem. He is a great man we can all agree with that. But there is no way I am putting my life in danger to help him and if you guys were smart you wouldn't either.'
'Marlene!'
'James!'
'Your being ridiculous.'
'Do you want to name the questionable things he's done? Well first there's the fact that you four were bullies especially you James, and yes I am putting it on you two Peter and Remus because neither of you two stopped it, you got no punishment for that. He is biased against the other houses, you know that he favours Gryffindor above everyone else. He still lets those who everyone knows are going to join the death eaters stay at this school, for example the ones who cursed me. Albus Dumbledoor believes in one thing- the greater good. It doesn't matter who gets hurt as long as somewhere in the future it gets better.'

'Oh..' James replied
'What?'
'You saw us as bullies.'
'Snape is disgusting, but so is what you did to him. You guys were equal, and James you stopped because you fell in love with Lily. Don't get it twisted, you aren't anymore and that's what's important.'
'Do you all think that? That we were bullies?' James turned to the other girls who diverted their gazes. 'Oh.'
'Right...so Matt told you to not let me leave the room, before you ask he is terrible at whispering and I am great at lip reading, so I'll be in the bathroom trying to drown my sorrows.' Marlene looked up at everyone around her, 'That was a joke.' She walked to her drawers, got out some pyjamas and went into the bathroom locking the door behind her.

Marlene came out half an hour later with her hair in a towel and a matching set of pyjamas.
'Did Matt come back yet?'
'No.' Lily shook her head.
'I'll just do a bit of revision till he does then.'
'What did you just say?'
'I'm going to revise.'
'I never thought I'd see the day Marlene willingly chose to study.' Sirius had a huge grin on his face.
'Oh haha I'm just doing charms work not any essays.' Marlene went to her bag and got out some notes.
'Maybe we should do that homework for potions.'
'Lily it's three feet.' Mary mentioned 'I'm not prepared to do that.'
'Well we can all do it together and help each other.'
'So copy of you basically.'
'No James your are not copying of me.'
'Please.' James gave Lily puppy dog eyes.
'James Potter you are not copying off me.'
'Fine.'
'What was the assignment anyway?' Emmeline asked.
'Evaluate the effects of using too many newts tails in a boil removing potion.'
'Put your hand up if you have any idea what that means.' Everyone kept their hands down. 'Well this is going to go great if even Lily doesn't know.' Emmeline carried on.

The group got out all of their supplies, the girls lending the boys a quill and parchment each, and they sat around the room with textbooks open and old notes askew on the desks and floor all completing the homework. This went on for half an hour till there was a knock on the door, Marlene got up expecting to see Matthew but instead was greeted with Professor McGonagall with a solemn look on her face.
'He's gone isn't he?'
'Marlene..'
'Is he safe?
'The headmaster made sure he was somewhere where you can make contact with your brother.'
'What if I wanted to go with him?'
'Miss Mila think about what you are saying.'
'I would rather be with my brother than here.'
'It would be more dangerous for the two of you together, especially with the threat of your family.'
'But-'
'I was under the impression you wanted to keep your brother safe Marlene.'
'Well of course I do.'
'Then you will stay here at Hogwarts.' Marlene rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth, 'Thats five points from Gryffindor for your attitude.'
'It's your house-you know what never mind. Sorry professor, may I go now?'

''Yes you may, I also see that all the male Gryffindor's in your year are in here, you should all know that the rule Marlene wanted in place not so long ago will be implemented in two days.'
'WHAT!' A collective shout came from the sixth years.
'I am sure you all heard what I said, goodnight.' McGonagall walked down the girls staircase and out of sight.
Marlene walked over to her drawers and reached to the back of one. 'I'm going for a smoke, back in a bit.'
'Your work?'
'I'll do it later, I was nearly finished anyway.' She walked over to a bowl of junk where she riffled through to find her lighter. 'See you.'

After she closed the door, instead of going down the stairs, Marlene walked up past the next dorm. She was at the top of the staircase and tapped her wand three times on a crumbling brick and she walked through the wall into a cramped space with a small window, she opened it and sat on a crate looking out the window. Marlene lit the cigarette and sat for 10 minutes until it had nearly burnt out then rubbed it into a glass bowl to extinguish it, she stayed another 20 minutes just staring out the window.
When Marlene got back to her dorm the boys had gone and the other girls were in bed, she walked past Emmeline's bed and was greeted with the curtains being quickly opened

- - - - - -
Hey yo author here...
So like it was a long time ago when I started this and like this is my last full draft, I have legit no idea where I was going with this story so if you have any ideas (my consistent like 15 readers :) ) pls suggest, or like I'll dig through my mind and stuff.
Toodles :)