Homecoming

'Anyone staying over Christmas' James asked, he was answered with a load of shaking heads. This Christmas was going to be amazing James had Lily, Sirius and Marlene weren't official and didn't know what they were themselves but they had each other. James was planning a big Christmas dinner with all eight of them, Em and Mar had got through their problems and were friends again.
Back in the girls dorm Sirius was helping Mar pack before they went to his dorm to pack his trunk.
'So how do you feel about visits during Christmas?' Sirius asked nervously.
'I would Si you know I would but my parents they won't let me, all this stuff with purebloods is affecting them from their letters they don't even want me fraternising with any blood traitors. I'll see if I can sneak out but I can't be sure' Sirius looked saddened by this but brightened up a little when Mar gave him a peck on the cheek. 'Come on your rooms a mess and we leave early tomorrow'
She took his hand and they walked to the boys dorm. For the other Gryfindoors it was normal to see these two holding hands after all for all they knew they were dating and in a serious relationship. But it still seemed weird seeing either of them being committed after never showing signs before.
'Come on you can leave some stuff here can't you, it's not that bad just clear up the clutter'
'I thought you were going to help me not just bark orders.' They both smiled at each other, Sirius knew that she was going to tell him what to do, she was just naturally bossy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the Hogwarts Express the group sat in their compartment laughing and chatting. About half an hour into the journey Marlene fell silent and ran out of the door. The group looked at each other then to Sirius.
'I don't know guys this happens pretty often, I just don't ask'
'Why'
'Because if she wanted to tell me then she would, she knows she could tell me anything'
Marlene came back and waited outside listening to this conversation just out of sight from the glass, she wanted to tell them why but they would just worry and she didn't want that especially over the holidays.
'I'm a bit worried, yeah she's back to being her loud self but her clothes, all she wears is joggers an hoodies when she isn't in her robes and don't get me wrong she looks perfect in anything..' Mar grinned 'But ever since the attack she's covered herself up and hid her body'
'I know I probably should of said this earlier but she doesn't get changed with us for quidditch' Em continued 'she is always there early already in her quidditch stuff or comes late in it.' The groups concern grew as time passed but Mar hadn't come back.
'I'm going to look for her' Sirius told everyone 'James could you take the other side' James nodded and got up and went left while Sirius went right.
James looked in all the windows of compartments to the bottom of the train making sure to steer clear of one's commonly used by Slytherins. He got to the last compartment and at first it didn't seem as though anyone was there but as he turned James saw a familiar gold necklace on the floor.
'Marly-warly'
'Jaimy-waimy...Shit'
'Come on where are you sat' Suddenly the girl appeared a look of annoyance on her face.
'It's not fair using those nicknames you knew I would answer' she protested, James smiled and sat down with her. 'You should look after this better it was really easy to get.' She passed him the invisibility cloak.
'Are you okay Mar, we were worried about you'
'I heard you guys' James looked puzzled 'When you said you were worried about me because of my clothes'
'Well we are Mar why come here and not just confront us' James replied picking up the gold necklace and putting it back on Marlene.
'It's scars...From the attack not all of them went' Marlene looked into James' eyes her eyes welling up. This freaked James out as he had never seen Marlene cry, it was something she never did, she got angry not sad. He pulled her into a hug and they stayed there for the rest of the journey only going back to their friends five minutes before they got to Kings Cross station.
As James walked in he subtly shook his head to tell everyone to not ask questions. Marlene went and sat with Sirius and they were silent for the end of the journey.
'Bye guys' Marlene rushed off before anyone could stop her.
'It's not good guys' James told everyone 'she still has scars from the attack'. The group walked out up the platform saying goodbye as they went off to their respective transport.
'Why didn't you come down to the other side once you didn't find her' James asked Sirius.
'I knew she needed you or me not both of us, I didn't want to overwhelm her something was obviously wrong'
James and Sirius were quiet on the way home something that confused Euphemia but she decided not to investigate.