Kiss

'So where have you been for the last I dunno three weeks' Emmeline said as Mar walked over to her bed. 'You don't come to class or meals you just stay in here and sulk'
'Em..' Mary started but her girlfriend kicked in
'No she should answer, she sleeps in the same room as us but hasn't talked to either of us in nearly a month' Em started to get closer to Mar 'Go one answer me' she gave Mar a little push.
'DON'T TOUCH ME' Lily was just walking through the door rushing to Mar she asked what was wrong.
'Nothing' both Mar and Em said.
'I swear to god Em you have no idea what is going on if I catch you doing anything to her I will-'
'LILY' Mary didn't agree with what Em was doing but she wasn't going to let anyone threaten her girlfriend. A very clear standoff between the two duos was evident. None of them moved at the sound of a knock at the door.
'It's James, James from Gryfindoor' Black had told him this was how he should address himself if Marlene couldn't see him.
'You can come in James' Marlene answered 'no one is naked.' Although no one saw this made James smile because Mar was getting her humour back. James walked in and saw the girls he could physically feel the tension between them.
'Should I come back later I just wanted to give Evans something she left behind' James looked almost scared to say anything.
'Oh so you were with your boyfriend last night, great work looking after the slag.' This word brought back some memories of that day and Marlene ran out but not before she gave Em a good slap and a 'Fuck You'

'Mar what happened please your like my sister and I don't know what I can do to help.' Marlene looked at the boy that she had grown up with, she couldn't remember the last time they had hugged, subconsciously she walked towards him and threw her arms around him she burst out sobbing 'I can't tell you here. You, Lils, and Si meet me back here 1am.' She broke there embrace smiling because she had finally done it and not felt scared.
'Who is Si?' James half knew but not 100%.
'I meant Black you little idiot'
'Hey I'm taller than you'
'But still younger.' James sucked his teeth this would be something he would never get away from.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'I asked you guys here because I want you to know what happened I will tell the others but not yet. James your like a brother to me and Sirius your... I don't know but I know I trust you. And Lily you've been the best friend that anyone could ask for and I couldn't of gotten through without you.' She carried on telling Sirius and James about exactly what happened and why she was so isolated for the past weeks. 'I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I've only just got comfortable with you guys around and-'
'Thanks for telling us when you were ready' Sirius said, he looked like he was ready to punch a hole through a wall but was masking it for Marlene. She was able to hug both of the boys before suddenly rushing up stairs.
'What happened' James asked worried.
' I honestly don't know she hasn't done that before but today was a really big step for her, I just hope that neither of THEM two are awake I can't believe how they acted even if they didn't know exactly what was wrong it isn't hard to tell there is something'
'What happened earlier' a concerned Sirius asked
'I don't know exactly but when I walked in I heard Mar shout "don't touch me" I possibly threatened Em but then James walked in and Em used the word "slag" I think that's a trigger one of the Slytherins said it, she remembered that clearly when telling me-'
'What is their problem like what actually happened between them it was like one day they were friends the next not' James butted in.
'Em found out that me and Mary kissed.' Marlene reappeared 'It wasn't recent, hell they weren't even dating but she thought there was something more in it because neither of them told her.'
'Wait the dare kiss' Mar nodded 'She saw it in the scrapbook right? I got a picture and put it in there instantly, sorry Mar I never thought it would be an issue' James said apologetically.
'It shouldn't be I just think that she got scared that it did mean something which is okay and normal but how she acts now there's no reason for that' Mar felt more like herself than before. 'I'm coming to class tomorrow' I've been putting it off for so long but I think now is the time. Not a full class just a bit of it.'
The four smiled three of them still wondering why Mar had rushed upstairs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Walking to class with her robes on felt weird to Marlene she had basically been in her normal clothes for two weeks. But she was finally out and it felt good possibly a bit overwhelming but if not now then when? The whole journey to class was fine until they walked past a group of Slytherins. Marlene grabbed the hand next to her and squeezed tight.
'I'm here' Sirius' voice connected to the hand she clung to. Once in class that they luckily had to Gryfindoor alone Mar still didn't let go of Sirius' hand he was right handed and she was left so it worked out perfectly. The only thing that worried her was if the hand wasn't rested right in the middle of them on the table. It had to be. Somehow Sirius already knew this and kept his left hand completely still, tight but loose enough so Mar could take her hand back whenever she wanted.