Night Owl

'You okay Mar-McKinnon' Sirius asked when he noticed her on the sofa. Lily noticed an instant change in Marlene knowing that the boys only knew about the spell but nothing else. She looked at you trying to silently ask if Mar was okay but Sirius noticed and sat down next to Marlene putting his hand on her leg.Marlene jumped up with a gasp.
'Maybe it's a little early to get back to to normal' Lily said back I'm their dorm after trying to cover up Marlene's reaction to Sirius. 'You know McGonagall said you don't have to go to class she understands.'
'Lil will you stay I get that your exams are important but-'
'Of course I'll fucking stay what do you think I'm going to do leave you alone after that god awful night in the infirmary I swear that one night broke my back I don't know how you were there for a week' she smiled as she realised Mar was watching her pottering around the room while talking.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'LILY' Marlene's bed curtains were ripped open the red haired girl rushing to her. She noticed Mar's heightened breathing and asked if she could do anything.
'Can we go downstairs' Lily helped the other girl up as she was still shaking and they went down into the common room. Marlene suggested they should study as they weren't going to class the next day and know how important the exams were for Lily. Lily smiled at this knowing that this was Marlene's was of saying thanks.

'What do we do you saw how she reacted when Pads touched her, if she woke up to that who knows what would happen' The boys were in a bit of a situation as they were nearly late for class but their books and equipment were under the two sleeping bodies of Marlene and Lily.
'They must of come late, we didn't even leave till midnight'
'I just want to know if she is okay. She could barely look at me'
Marlene became suddenly aware of her surroundings hearing the boys talk was nice but she didn't want them to get closer, Lily stirred and sat straight up. Her eyes wide 'Fuck'
The boys hid before she turned to face them, they were in earshot but out of view.
'Mar, it's Lily, Lily from Gryfindoor' trying to get the other girl to wake not realising she already was.
'I know it's you Lils' smiling because she really would do anything for you. 'Where are the boys?' Marlene wondered she expected them to still be standing there,
'It's okay they're not here and you don't have to talk to them until you are ready. What those Slytherins did to you was horrid and it isn't a surprise that you don't feel like being near any boys just yet.

Sirius had heard every word he looked at the other boys the anger in him boiling he wanted to know exactly who and what happened but Remus looked at him in a way to say "not now Pads , not yet". It was only when the girls had left to go back to their dorm that the marauders packed up their stuff and went to class.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The boys soon realised that the girls would go down every night to study and so decided to take more comprehensive notes in class and leave spare equipment out for the girls. Sirius remembered that Marlene took care of magical creatures and so asked one of his mates to lend him some of his notes. At first the girls didn't notice what was happening and just thought the boys were idiots who never put their work away, that was until they noticed that the pillows on the sofa had been changed and the work was set in piles of class, one night there was even a full flask of hot chocolate left on the table.
'They know don't they' Lily said 'I mean have we been obvious'
'The first night they saw us ,when we fell asleep, they came down and we were on top of all their work but they didn't come close for me' This was the first time she said this to Lily who looked quite hurt that she kept it but know not to go into it, it didn't really matter.
'Could you ask them to come - not for the whole night, but just for a bit, I miss them'
'Of course Mar if your sure I'll ask them later.'
Other than at night Marlene didn't leave her dorm. She had her meals send directly up to her. She had always gone down to the kitchens since first year and so many of the house elves knew and were fond of her. They always made sure to make her favourite dessert, Butterscotch tart. One day Lily had gone out to stretch her legs and hang out with the others for a bit, this didn't bother Marlene as she liked alone time, she decided to write a note to the house elves she made it as pretty as she could and left it on the clear plate her lunch was on.
Thank you, I know this isn't much but thank you
M.M xx
She fell asleep and woke to the tapping at the door she knew was Lily.
Lily laughed herself into a wheeze when she opened the door 'Oh my shit'
'What' Marlene replied intrigued about what was happening outside of the walls of their dorm.
'When I said that we knew they were leaving stuff for us and that they could come tonight for a bit, I kid you not Sirius did a cartwheel'
'Shit, wait was it any good' Lily looked Marlene dead in the eyes and shook her head bursting out laughing she took about 5 minutes to get all the giggles out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Hi' it was the first time in about two weeks that Marlene had seen the boys face to face all she wanted was to run up to them and hug them for all they did but she couldn't. Lily saw her tense up and suggested someone put more wood on the fire so they could have toasted marshmallows. Mar looked at Lily. "Thanks" is what it said, it was all that was needed.
After an hour or so although Marlene was enjoying it she started to space out. Sirius realised it and suggested that the boys should go to bed.
'Lily you should go with them. Sleep with James. Not in that way' Marlene added at Lily's shocked face 'you've spent so much time looking after me it's time you should be with your boyfriend.'
'Are you sure I don't-'
'Yeah you do, I'll be fine okay I'll leave before anyone comes down and before the girls wake'
Lily went up the boys dorm and silence fell in the common room.
After an hour Marlene was sat on the sofa practicing her charms when she heard a door open.
'It's Sirius, Sirius from Gryfindoor' Marlene wondered how he knew the phrase. 'Is it okay if I stay down here tonight, I won't come near you I just need to know your not alone' At this Marlene smiled finally she didn't detest it in her brain.She was okay having Sirius there,at a distance but still there.
'Yeah it's okay' She chucked a pillow to him so he would be at least a bit more comfy.
After spending half an hour on a spell Marlene announced 'Black I need your help, come over here and stay where I can see you but please don't come near' Sirius walked slowly towards her till he was about 10 meters away which is where he came to a halt.
'If this okay?'
'Yeah, thanks'
The hours past and it started to get lighter outside, Marlene and Sirius had mastered the spell by the end of the night. Sirius headed for his dorm to get changed for school.
'Black' He turned 'Thank you' He smiled and told Marlene that if Lily ever needed a break he would be happy to help out.
'Sorry you haven't slept'
'It's cool I usually run off one hour sleep, what's none' Mar laughed as he went up the boys stairs her mood turned sour as soon as she got to her dorm Em was awake with her curtains open.

Marlene had left it to late.