Not who you said

'Hi do you guys know Dot?' Marlene walked up to a group of Ravenclaws.
'Why do you care?' One of them replied rudely
'Because she is my friend and I want to talk to her.'
'She's in the library'
'Thank you so much' Marlene replied with as much sarcasm as she could, she turned and walked off.
When she got into the library she saw Dot and walked towards her
'Yo Dot'
'Yo Mar'
'How did you- never mind let's just say magic'
'You're learning Mar' Dot chuckled and turned to face her. 'You okay?'
'Just Gryffindor stuff, what are you doing?'
'You need to work on that Mar'
'On actually answering questions'
'Ugh don't you go on about it as well'
'So that's it'
'W-a-um... your scarily good at that Dot'
'Thank you'
'Anyway what are you doing'
'I'm not answering until you tell me what's up'
Marlene gave in and told her about what Sirius was doing and the fact that she was just sick of people asking her questions all the time and checking up on her, she just wanted to get on with her life and forget about Sirius Black ever being her boyfriend.
Dot then told Marlene about her date that she had later that evening with a secret boy.
'Ohhh who is going to help you get ready?'
'What do you mean?'
'Like your friends in your dorm who are they'
'I wouldn't really class them as friends more mates or acquaintances'
Marlene looked shocked 'You have to have a friend help you get ready for a big date, you just have to.'
'Eh I don't know if they will want you in our dorm if that's what you're getting at.'
'I wasn't actually but come to think of it why not get ready at mine, I'm sure the girls will be fine with it, I don't know when they will all get back from the infirmary, though that's probably a good thing, I kinda stormed out.'
'Well done Mar. Okay I'll get my stuff then come to Gryffindor in ten mins?'
'Yeah cool'

When Dot got to Gryffindor tower her and Marlene rushed straight through the common room up the staircase into the girls dorm.
'woah'
'what?'
'it's just a nice room'
'okay so do you have your outfit?'
'yep'
'you want to have a shower then I'll help you with your hair.'
'Okay'
'You have a type of music you like?'
'I quite like Queen right now'
'Oh you're lucky we have some of that, I'll put it on while your showering' Marlene gave Dot a smile as she closed the door. She went over to Lily's Muggle record player and put on Queen. The other sixth year girls came back to Marlene scream-singing Queen songs.
'What's that noise Marlene?'
'Sorry-what...oh that person also singing is Dot she has a big date tonight and not that many friends in her dorm so I said she could come here to get ready. Is that okay?'
'Yeah of course, she seems really nice'
'Mary can I talk to you?' Marlene asked.
'Yeah'
'I'm really sorry about how I acted before it was wrong the truth is my heart is probably broken and I'm not the greatest at dealing with emotions so it just gets on my tits when people carry on asking me questions about it. But to answer your question I wasn't okay having that girl there but my stubbornness got the hold of me. I really wanted to be at his side, I just couldn't actually do it.'
'Mar it's okay. I understand, we've been friends for nearly six years I know your bad with emotions.'
They gave each other a quick hug and walked back over to the other girls.
'I think she's done in the shower, she stopped singing'
'I don't think you can class what either of us were doing as singing'
Marlene knocked on the bathroom door and Dot emerged in a cloud of steam.
'Okay now what?'
'Now I'm going to do your hair'
'Hold on no. Mar your really bad with hair that isn't on your head.'
'That's mean but partially true'
'I'll do your hair, what are you thinking Dot?' Mary announced
'I think just some french plaits'
'Yeah I can do that, come and sit here' she patted the end of her bed.
Dot's hair was nearly finished when there was a knock at the door
'Who is it?'
The door opened and Sirius walked in.
'This is exactly why I want the spell put in place'
'Oh shut up McKinnon, I'm not here for y-' He noticed who was sat in front of Mary 'Why is she in here'
'Because she is a friend, not like it's your business though'
'Marlene do you want to know who this is'
'Seriously what do you think your words will d-'
'That is the girl I slept with'
'What' She turned to face Dot 'is this true? I suggest you answer right now'
'Yes' Dot muttered.
'So that's how you knew before anyone else that we had broken up? Because you slept with my boyfriend.'
'I thought you just needed pegging down a little' Dot regained her confidence.
'What have I ever done to you?'
'Nothing directly to me but you were just so high and mighty with Sirius as your boyfriend so I did something that was so obvious that I knew you would be hurt from it' she turned to Sirius ' Do you think it was a coincidence that we were caught, or that you somehow started fancying me, honestly? There's this thing called a lust potion Black you should be more careful where you leave your drinks.' And with that she walked out the room with a cruel smile.
'You should leave Sirius' Lily said.
He nodded and walked out with a solemn look on his face.