Faking it

Marlene McKinnon left for Kings Cross before Sirius and James. The story went that Sirius and Mar had broken up so that Marlene could carry out her family duties and marry Mulciber for a connection between to pureblood families, according to this story this had caused a clash between the sixth year Gryfindoors and Marlene had left them to go and stay with Mulciber's family. Mar had been putting it off but knew she had to stay at least one night to meet the family and get the ring. It was a family ring with the crest of Mulciber on, it was hideously shaped and was too big for her hand.
When heading to the platform she noticed Mulciber and walked towards him.
'Hi' she said surrounded by all of the sixth year Slytherin boys. 'Wow I definitely got the best' Milciber snorted 'of the shittiest' she continued under her breath.
'What'
'And the wittiest' she looked at him and smiled a smile that anyone should be able to tell was fake but not the Slytherins. As Marlene was walking down the train she noticed her normal compartment was coming up she tried to walk past but Mulciber knew it as well.
'Well if it isn't the blood traitors and mudblood' He sneered at the Gryfindoors 'Lucky you changed your mind isn't it' Grabbing Mar's arm and pulling her infront of her friends.
'Yeah who would want to mix with that' Marlene hated every second of it but she had to pretend.
'And why would we want to mix with you, you don't deserve our colours' replied Sirius.
Mulciber turned and almost dragged Marlene to their compartment none of his friends joined them so I was just them in a confined space together. Mulciber tapped the window with his wand and it darkened so you couldn't see inside the compartment from the rest of the train.
'So..'
'I'm on my period' Mulciber's face showed disgust this was something he obviously never wanted to talk about.
'So'
'I can't do anything it would break my system and that would be the end of the Mulciber name, you don't want that do you?'
'Of course not' he got up and left 'don't move.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As soon as he went Marlene charmed the lock so that it couldn't be opened even by magic. She got out a book and read until she got to Hogwarts, it was a book small enough to fit in her inside pocket, given to her by Sirius "How to kick Slytherin ass" by S.O.B he had spent the last week of the holiday writing it for Marlene.
'Come then' Marlene followed Mulciber to a carriage full of Slytherin sixth years all of them looked at Marlene as if she was scum but she was too engrossed in the beauty of Hogwarts. Before walking into the Great Hall Marlene made herself gag and caught the attention of Minerva McGonagall who told Mar to go up to her office and wait there.
After and hour and a half McGonagall came in through her office door 'I can tell when someone is faking an illness McKinnon I have been a teacher for many years, why would you right before the sorting and start of term feast... I saw you were not with your usual gaggle of Gryfindoors and instead with Slytherins I guess by that huge ring on your finger that you agreed to go through with the marriage even though you have feelings for Black and Mulciber was one of the boys punished for what happened to you last term.'
'Wow, also yes all that is correct professor'
'I have made plans to keep your lessons separate from any that you may have with Slytherin, I also urge you to find a way out of this sooner rather than later, both me and the headmaster will try and help'
'Now I suggest you stay here as I get you some food and you do not leave until I am back so you know the corridors are empty.'
McGonagall left and in a matter of minutes there was a plate of food in-front of Marlene, she ate and waited till McGonagall got back, thanked her then left to go to the Gryfindoor common room.
She walked to the portrait and said 'tumbleweed' it swung open and she was finally back home but she couldn't act like it, Marlene made sure to push past people and make a scene up till she opened her dorm door.
'MAR' shouted lily as soon as the door closed, the four girls had a big hug and separated when Mar told them about what she told Mulciber on the train, the girls started to laugh at the word "period".
'How immature are you guys ,everyone in here has had a period.' The girls laughed again.
'We haven't Marly-warly'
'Jaimy-wai.. for fucks sake man.' Suddenly four boys appeared in the corner of the room.
'We couldn't let people know we were in here Mar' Marlene smiled and sat in her bed gesturing to Sirius to sit next to her, no one knew they were planning on being boyfriend, girlfriend but they knew something went on with them and just left it.
'I swear if he fucking tries anything on I will punch him, oh that reminds me I read the book and I guess I get a lot of the stuff but I think I need a physical lesson now, all of us ,in the room of requirement, I'll leave first then the boys under the cloak and the girls last.'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'AND YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD WANT TO STAY IN A ROOM WITH YOU GUYS, I MUST OF BEEN DELUSIONAL TO DO IT FOR 5+ YEARS!' Marlene stormed out of the common room and made her way to the room of requirement in a couple of minutes the boys arrived and a quarter of an hour later the girls came in.
'Sorry people wanted to know what happened'
'We told them to shove off'
'Jesus fucking christ.' Everyone stared at Remus it didn't happen very regularly but he was in fact an amazing swearer. 'Look at all this stuff.' Everyone else finally realised what was in the room there was : Gloves, pads , sticks, dummies , and a punching bag.
'Wow this room is honestly the best' Peter squeaked, this stuff wasn't really his style but it amazed him none the less.
'Okay what first Si?'
'Split into groups of two couples can't be together'
'Oi that means you two can't be together you may not be official but it's close enough so' Em pointed at opposite sides of the room.
'We're going to start with a bit of boxing....' The training session lasted about two hours by the end of it everyone was ready to go to sleep.
'What are you doing tonight Mar you said you weren't sharing a room, we could sneak you out early but it's up to you'
'I'm sleeping in the common room but look this cleared my mind and fuck it I'm not playing along with this if Mulciber thinks about touching me he will regret it as soon as he does the engagement it off. My mother can align herself with those twats but I won't and I can't fake fight with you guys it's just to hard.'
The eight walked back to the common room which was empty as it had gone midnight and tomorrow was the first day of lessons. Marlene cuddled up on the sofa after everyone had gone to their dorms, Sirius sneaked out to give her a kiss.
'5 galleons on before the end of the week' referencing when she thought she would call off the engagement.
'Your on McKinnon' he kissed the top of her head and left.