Intentions

'Ughh'
'What's up?'
'Do you think I'm emotionally unavailable'
'No'
'But you need to work on expressing your emotions better'
'How come'
'Well before you got with Sirius you didn't really emotionally connect with anyone then when you started dating Sirius you guys were all lovey dovey and now your whole dynamic has changed' Mary looked up from her bed 'Sorry was that not an anyone answer question'
'Okay well we've heard from Mary. Em what do you think?'
'I mean I get what Mary was saying it is a weird vibe between you two now'
'I'm going to have to agree with them Mar. You just became really distant from each other.' Lily agreed.
'Why do you even care? What gave you the idea that you were?'
'Just something Si said'
'Another argument?'
'No...I walked away before it got to that.'
'You hit him didn't you'
'More like chucked a twig-maybe a log at him'
'Wow really mature'
'Okay but it wasn't an argument, which is something right?'
'If you say so Mar. You guys argue a lot, about anything and everything'
'Jeez you didn't have to be so blunt Mary, I'm sorry that my relationship isn't as perfect as yours'
'It is pretty perfect, isn't it' Emmeline chimed in.
'Absolutely fucking perfect'
'Ew, I mean it's true but ew'
'So there's the proof, you are bad at emotional stuff'
'If I'm honest I already knew that I was just pissed off. Shitting duck you guys are amazing.' Marlene had a big smile on her face as she walked back out of the dorm. Once the door closed she remembered she needed something off her bed but she stopped when she heard the girls talking about her.
'Who's going to tell her?'
'I thought that Sirius would of done it by now, it's been a week'
'Do we tell her. It's wrong that she doesn't know he cheated.'
Marlene barged back through the door
'HE WHAT!'
'Oh Mar we didn't want you to find out from us, even the boys have been trying to get him to tell you'
'So all of you knew?'
'Sorry Mar we-'
'I knew something was off but I told myself to just have faith.' Tears started to form in her eyes but she wiped them before they fell, her hands balled into fists 'I'm going to murder him'
She turned and walked down the stairs. She walked into the common room where the marauders were doing homework, she walked over to Sirius and motioned for him to stand up. She punched him squarely in the face.
'No one cheats on me and gets away with it you twat.'
The whole common room went silent.
'James, flying practice in five minutes yeah?'
James nodded at Marlene and got up to go to his dorm. He looked apologetically at Sirius but also in a way to say "you deserved that".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Ready race?'
'No Mar please no' James kicked off the ground 'looks like your loosing though'
'That was not fair at all'
They flew between the rings then went vertically up and weaved through the stands.
It was a route they knew perfectly, they had been bored during second year and decided to make a race course. Neither of them told the other but both had a tally of wins from four years ago, the furthest gap between them was three wins more to Marlene but James was able to even it up.
'I won'
'No James you were miles behind me'
'Well you skipped one of the stands'
'And you dived way to early'
'Okay I admit to that'
As they walked back to the changing rooms James saw Marlene's face start to drop.
'Mar..'
'Do you know who it was?'
'Yes'
'Don't tell me James. Please. It won't help me going after her, I'm more angry at him.'
'That's really mature Mar'
'-I would break her in half for sleeping with my boyfriend as soon as I heard her name'
'And there's the normal you'
Marlene looked over to him and pulled a face.
'I just want to leave it. I can't trust him anymore'

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Over the next week there was a lot of tension between Marlene and Sirius, for the rest of the school it became obvious something had happened from Sirius' black eye and the fact that neither of them were ever together alone anymore.
Marlene was sat in class when a scrunched up ball of paper hit her in the side of her face.
She looked over to who threw it and glared at them.
"Open it" The girl mouthed.
I heard you and Black broke up
if you ever want to talk to me
I will never be biased xx
Marlene looked up at the girl, she was a Ravenclaw in her year, she smiled at the girl and started writing a note of her own.
I would really like that meet
me tonight. Astronomy tower 11pm.
Bring your broom xx
She scrunched the paper up and threw the note to the girl who nodded once she had read it. Marlene turned to the front of her class with a grin on her face, it was good to make new friends who had no connection to old ones.