Jealous

'You'll keep my stuff safe won't you?' Inquired Marlene McKinnon a 6th year Gryffindor.
Her friends had got used to asking 'who' instead of 'where' whenever Marlene went off like this. Although they loved her she did live up to the reputation of being a bit of a slag.
'Just some Hufflepuff MacMillian I think, I don't really know... or care. Byeee'
As she was leaving four boys walked into the carriage, James looking at the girls for conformation and rolling his eyes.
'Not even the start of term Mar' The girl snorted as she walked off.

'Want some chocolate Pads?' Remus asked his best mate who had suddenly gone into a bad mood.

'Not going to lie about a four out of ten' Marlene announced walking into the compartment.
'That bad?' Emmeline replied receiving a burst of laughter from her girlfriend Mary.
The four boys looked at each other thoroughly confused. Suddenly Moony's face dropped as he understood first. He gulped and added 'Sorry what?'
'He was a four out of ten shag, jeez I thought you guys were pretty smart'
'You rate the guys you've been with?' A grin forming on all the girls faces all equally suppressing a laugh.
'Only ever had one ten though.' Sirius gave a smirk making sure no one noticed.
'You'd think there was more the way you go at it' Snapped James not looking right at Marlene and instead becoming interested in the lines on his hands. Marlene's smile quickly turned into a glare.
Sirius piped up for the first time 'I would rather get a dementors kiss then be on the other end of that look Prongs. How could you think that our dear friend Marly-' Marlene's glare turned to face the the long haired boy who slept around as equally much as she.
'You don't get to call me that Black. Got it'
Silence.
'Good' she stalked off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marlene could hear the dark haired boy whining to his mates in the carriage in front. Even though this was her sixth year she was still surprised at the magnificence of Hogwarts.
'See as soon as I say anything it's back to last name basis, I had an inkling she didn't like me but I didn't think she bloody hated me'
'Why do you care' asked James genuinely confused why Padfoot had been going on about Marlene, he loved her like a sister as they had grown up together but it still felt weird to talk about her this much especially when she wasn't even there.

'Mar' looking over Mary's shoulders Marlene saw Lily in the carriage infront. A grin covered the redhead's face as she motioned to Sirius then Marlene over and over again hinting at something but Marlene couldn't get it right away.
'Evans as much as I like seeing the back of you..' Lily turned towards James Potter the guy who was obsessed with her '..and I normally wouldn't complain...' He had also given up trying to hide it '..don't you agree it's time for Sirius to settle down and actually date someone'
Lily looked at the boy next to her then back to James 'I'm not to sure if anyone could tame him'
'Why you just talking about me and not McKinnon'
Remus who had been playing I spy with Peter groaned 'Again?' Sirius looked puzzled and looked at Lily hoping she had an answer.
'Why do you keep on talking about her Pads, I've not even been listening to your conversation and I've heard her name at least five times it's like you fancy her or sommet.' The group looked at Peter stunned never expecting a comment like that to come from him. Everyone got out of the carriage still in disbelief as Lily mentioned something about going back to the girls.

'Would you shag him' Lily's eyes widened as she stepped inline with her mates.
'Well what are we talking about here?' She said in a mock McGonagall voice.
'Just wondering if Mar would ever go with Sirius.' Replied Em. Lily snorted and let out a single giggle.
'What?' Marlene looked as if she had had enough of her friends interrogation.
'Funny that,' Lily said walking through the doors to the Great Hall 'The guys think Sirius likes Mar'
Marlene's face turned dropped, although she was over the interrogation it still somewhat amused her but that had disappeared with the mention of Sirius' feelings.
'You've really got to get a hang of controlling your face it's tells more than you think' Lily whispered into Marlene's ear as they sat down. Sirius and Marlene opposite with James and Lily next to each of them. Neither said anything to the other their usual start of year banter seemed an oddly distant memory and their combined group of friends all gave each other puzzled looks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After the feast the girls all sat in their dorm finally away from the boys so able to talk about everything they wanted. Though Marlene was there in body her mind was elsewhere.
'Shit' Marlene snapped back to reality worried about what had happened 'I think I like Potter' Lily continued 'I mean yeah he's an idiot but I think I like him... I'm going to have to tell him aren't I'
'How are you going to date if you don't' Mary although quiet could be pretty blunt when she wanted. She sat plaiting Em's hair into a rather impressive design.
'Anyone know which is the guys dorm? I might as well get it over with now'
'It's the second flight one on the right' Marlene answered instantly 'please just say you'll go out with him then leave, think how he would be like tomorrow morning' Lily chuckled as she closed the door, that would be funny.

Marlene started to get undressed to go to bed when she felt eyes on her. 'I know I'm sexy as fuck but you've got each other now' she laughed at her own joke turning around but being met with faces that usually would of been smiling.
'Sorry-'
Emmeline interrupted 'How do you know where the guys dorm is, you didn't even think twice about your answer to Lils.'
'I have gone in there before it's not a crime, James is basically my brother you know that and even if it wasn't because of that it's none of your business'
Em gave her a sarcastic smile as she got into her bed blowing Mary a kiss before she shut her bed curtains.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

'Why did Sirius think it was you when I knocked on the door'

Wow okay I didn't expect to write that much I was prepared to stop at like 300 words but hey-ho.
I DO NOT own these characters.