Chapter 26

Happy only gave lessons for about an hour to an hour and a half whenever Isis brought Leia over for lessons. He didn't want her to get overwhelmed by things. When her lesson was over for the day, Isis decided it was time to head on home. Tig begged them to stay but she just shook her head and said she didn't want him corrupting her children. The rest of the guys laughed knowing how true that statement could be.

The assassin kissed Isis' forehead and said he'd see her at home after work. She just nodded and walked to her car. Shortly after she left, Clay called church. One of their charters up north were having some trouble with another biker club and needed some help. Their charter was small and only had a bar for their income. Clay brought it up with SAMCRO on whether they should help and what they should do to help.

After a lengthy debate, it was decided they'd help their smaller charter. After all, they'd gotten help from other charters before. Then it was decided that several of them would ride up and see what was going on for themselves. Clay, Tig, Bobby, Chibs, and Happy would go. Jax, Ratboy, Quinn, Opie, and Juice would stay behind. They would leave the following morning around nine am. Having all their business decided upon, the biker leader slammed his gavel down.

When Happy made it home, he had finally cleaned out his dorm room and now all his belongings were at Isis' house, he sniffed the air and smiled. 'She is such a good cook!' he thought as he slid his kutte off and laid it on the table by the front door. Walking into the kitchen, he found her at the stove preparing dinner as usual. He walked up behind her and slid his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Smells good in here." He told her.

"You always tell me that."

"Because it always smells good in here." He chuckled bringing a smile to her face, "We gotta talk."

"Oh? What about?"

"Well, we have a run up north. We're leaving tomorrow. A few of the guys are staying behind but Clay wants me to go. Not sure how long I'll be gone." He explained.

"I see." She stated, "It'll be so boring without you here but I understand it's club business. Just let me know you got there safely. Even if it's just a text."

"I will." He kissed her cheek before grabbing himself a beer out of the fridge and walking back into the living room.

She continued with making their dinner as she always did in the evenings. Tonight it was spaghetti with her homemade garlic bread. As the noodles were nearly done, she popped the bread in the oven to bake since they didn't take too long to bake and brown to her liking. She called Ashanti to come set the table for her as she stirred the meat sauce. The younger teen entered the kitchen then stopped & sniffed the air. "Spaghetti and garlic bread?" her eyes twinkled as she asked making her mother laugh and nod her head.

"Hey mom?" Leia asked, "How much is a motorcycle?"

"Way more than you can afford, I'm afraid." Isis retorted making the girl pout, "You're better off asking Happy any bike related questions. But why do you want to know?"

"I want my first vehicle to be a bike." She stated before walking into the living room.

"Oh, fuck me." Isis sighed.

The noodles had finished cooking so she moved them to the strainer. The oven timer was near done. The table had been set. She began pouring glasses of tea for everyone before moving them to the table. She moved the meat sauce to the table and then the noodles when they were done straining. As she was coming back from the dining room, the oven timer dinged. Smiling, she opened the oven to take out the bread. It was a nice golden brown just the way she liked it. Crispy near the edges but soft and chewy in the middle. Perfect!