Chapter 15

"When are we getting to go home?" Leia asked.

"I don't know. Soon, I hope." Isis chuckled, "I know you're tired of rooming in together. It's nice having our own space."

"Definitely! I want to sleep in my own bed again." Leia sighed.

"As I said, hopefully soon we'll be able to go home." Isis stated.

She told the girls to get back to their schoolwork as she sat at the desk in the room. Staring at the floor, she began to debate on deleting Happy's number from her phone. If he didn't want her around, she wouldn't force herself into his life. Suddenly Tara's words hit her. "Happy is a lone wolf. He doesn't need, or want, a woman in life." She chewed on her lip ring as she sat there thinking, 'Could she be right? He was flirting with me though. Or was that just to try and get into my panties?'

That smirk, the sideways glances. He was definitely flirting. But was it because he was interested in her or just to get into her panties? She leaned back and sighed wishing she knew for sure. If Happy was a lost cause, she'd move on and forget about him. If he wasn't then she'd figure something out. Ashanti asked a question about her schoolwork bringing Isis out of her troubling thoughts. They talked about their school stuff until there came a knock at the door. Gemma peaked in and asked her to help make dinner. 'Good! A distraction from Happy!' Isis thought as she left the room to follow Gemma.

The Queen Bee was starting on the taco meat so Isis offered to make homemade salsa and Pico di Gallo. Lyla was getting the plates out as well as two bags or tortilla chips ready for the meal. Gemma was quite impressed with how much Isis could make, all homemade, and wished the other 'ol ladies were more like her. They discussed food again as they made dinner once more. The blond watched as Isis expertly chopped and diced tomatoes, onions, some cilantro, and peppers for the Pico as she chatted with Gemma. Lyla made another pitcher of tea upon Gemma's request.

Tara was arguing in Jax's room about him going out with the club with his injured leg. He reassured her he would be fine and that the club knew what they were doing. "Yeah, that's what you said last time and you came back with a knife wound to the thigh!" she countered making him huff and run his hand over his face. She didn't know why he was needed since it was Opie who'd be doing the majority of the work. Bobby, Chibs, Quinn, and Ratboy could handle everything else. Jax reminded her it was club business and everyone was needed. "Your family needs you too!" she shouted before he left her alone in his room with their two boys.

Happy sat in his room thinking about what he'd said to her. 'Why did I have to be such an ass? She was only showing her concern for my well-being.' he sighed, 'I've lost any chance I had with her.' He took another swig from the bottle before deciding to get dressed and head into the clubhouse. It was a bit painful getting his t-shirt on and bending down to slip into his boots but he finally got himself redressed. Leaving the bottle on his bed, he left his room and walked to have a seat at the bar.

He could stare into the kitchen and watch her helping Gemma make dinner. 'Why did she have to take to us so well? To be so charming and generous? To be so sexy and comforting?' he sighed making Chibs look over at him. He turned to see what the killer was looking at and saw he was staring at Isis. Chibs decided he needed to reclean Happy's wound so he told the killer he'd be right back to clean and redress his wound and to go ahead and take his shirt off. Isis turned around to ask Lyla for something and her eye caught sight of a shirtless Happy.

Gemma looked over to see Isis staring at Happy and smirked. Isis shook her head and asked Lyla what she needed to. The blond got the blender out for her so she could make the salsa as promised. The bowl of Pico was in the fridge chilling for that night's dinner already. Chibs returned and took the old bandage off. Leia came into the kitchen to get something to drink making Isis turn around again. She looked over to Happy and caught his eye. A lump formed in her throat as she looked away. There was no sense in staring. Besides, it was rude. Even if he was absolutely gorgeous and she wanted to lick every one of his tats.

Isis was busy making salsa while Chibs was cleaning and rebandaging Happy. The killer hoped he hadn't blown it with Isis. She had looked at him. They stared for a brief moment before she turned away. The raven-headed woman sighed as she made salsa then poured it into a large plastic container. She set it in the fridge to get cold as well. She was cleaning up from her mess as Gemma was draining all the meat. Lyla set out tortillas and hard taco shells next to the paper plates and chips.

Gemma seasoned the newly drained meat and set it back on the stove so the spices could mix with the meat before she called dinner done. Isis went to go fetch her daughters, refusing eye contact with Happy as she walked past the bar. He sighed again as he downed the shot he'd asked for. "Whatever's going on, Hap, you can always talk to me." Chibs stated making the killer look over at him. The medic just shrugged and stated he'd noticed a few things and was always someone he could talk to if needed.

Happy didn't want to talk. He wanted her. Wanted her to understand how messed up she made him. Wanted her to understand he was fighting with himself over her. Wanted her to understand how vulnerable she made him feel. He sighed again and asked for another shot. No, Happy didn't talk about his feelings. He wasn't about to start now. He'd take care of it on his own. A few minutes later, Gemma emerged from the kitchen and announced dinner was ready.

Tara got up to get the boys a plate while Opie's kids and Isis' girls made their way into the kitchen. That was something Isis liked about this group. The children ate first. Clay told his wife how wonderful everything smelled and that he appreciated them making dinner since they would be leaving after they ate to take care of some things. Isis stood in line to make herself a plate and refused to acknowledge Happy's existence. If he didn't want her to help him, she was going to let him fend for himself. She didn't need a man in her life, after all!

Happy stood in line behind Chibs to make a plate. Isis had sat down with her girls on one of the couches to eat. Holding a plate in his left hand hurt his chest and arm from his wound. He hated admitting that it might have been easier to just let her help. As he exited the kitchen, he looked over to where she sat with her girls and caught her eye. He gave her a half-smile but she just stared back at him before darting her eyes away. He sighed and sat back down at the bar. 'What is with him?' she thought as she ate.

"Hey Doll. Going stir crazy yet?" Tig laughed as he pulled a chair over to the couch to sit with Isis and her girls.

"A bit. It's why I offered to do the shopping today." She chuckled, "Didn't think grocery shopping would end up in a wild-west shoot-out in the fruits and vegetables, though."

"Well, it probably would have if you hadn't had shot at him first. Did you miss on purpose?" Tig asked.

"I hit what I was aiming for. I don't miss." She looked over at him, "Believe me, I meant to shoot right between his feet."

"Who taught you how to shoot?" Tig asked.

"My daddy. Wanted me to be able to protect myself. I'm from Texas, after all. Everyone owns a gun practically." She chuckled again, glancing over at Happy who'd turned around and was listening in to their conversation.

"Well he certainly taught you well. What do you carry?" Tig questioned.

"Smith & Wesson MP Shield 9mm." She retorted earning head nod from the SAA since he had a mouthful of taco, "You?"

"Ruger P89. Solid piece of machinery." He laughed.

"I'm partial to the Smith & Wesson line of guns myself. But that may be a familial thing. My daddy's always had Smith & Wesson around the house." She explained earning a head nod in response.

"They're solid hardware too, not gonna lie." Tig smiled.

"I can't believe you're sitting with Tig discussing handguns. I figured he'd be flirting and trying to get into your panties." Tara scoffed.

"Maybe this is my way of flirting." Tig wiggled his eyebrows making Isis shake her head with a smile.

Happy growled making Chibs turn his head and look at the assassin funny. The Scot didn't understand why Happy seemed to have a problem with Tig flirting, or saying he was flirting, with Isis. As he studied the killer's face, it dawned on him. Happy was jealous! Tig had her attention and had her laughing. Somehow she had managed to get under his skin and it threw the killer for a loop. 'He probably doesn't understand or want to acknowledge his feelings!' Chibs mused as he watched Happy staring at Tig and Isis as they chatted with Tara.

A/N: How is this going to play out between Happy, Tig, and Isis? O.O

Please review and vote below!