Chapter 13

When dinner was finally called as being done, Isis quickly moved to make Happy a plate. Tara raised her eyebrow but Isis paid her no mind. The man needed to eat, especially being injured, and Isis was going to make sure he was taken care of. Gemma just smirked at how Isis was already acting like an 'ol lady looking after her man. 'Perhaps she does have a thing for the Killah after all!' she thought as Tara moved around her to make her sons a plate.

"Knock, knock!" Isis exclaimed as she carefully opened the door, "I brought you dinner. Eat up, it'll help you heal."

"Thanks. You didn't have to do this, I could have gone and got it myself." He told her.

"Eh, you need to rest and regain your strength." She smiled as he took the plate from her, hands grazing hers slightly.

"It's greatly appreciated. Don't let me keep you from your dinner." Happy told her.

"Enjoy. Let me know if you need anything." She smiled once more before leaving his room.

Isis stood in line to make herself a plate. Tara was making Jax a plate as she made herself one. Lyla decided she'd make Opie a plate so he didn't have to move around too much. Leia and Ashanti had already made their plates and were back to sitting on the couch with their school stuff to eat. Tara cautiously walked back into the main room with both hands holding a plate. Jax quickly took one from her so she could set hers on the table and sit down. Isis sat between her girls so they could chat a little while they ate.

Happy couldn't help but wonder why Isis was being so nice to him. She didn't have to bring him dinner. He could have gone and made himself a plate. Did Gemma put her up to it? He wasn't complaining, it was a nice gesture. And he certainly didn't mind her being in his dorm room. 'Get ahold of yourself! She'll never go for a merciless killer like you.' he told himself with a sigh.

The next morning after breakfast, Gemma was in the kitchen going over what all they had and what all they needed. Clay had authorized a grocery run as long as one of the patched members went with her. Isis volunteered to go stating she needed to get out of the clubhouse for a while making Gemma laugh. The Queen wrote down everything she knew they needed and told her to get anything else she thought they might need. Gemma had decided they'd make tacos for dinner that night earning a head nod in reply.

Tig had been volunteered to go with whoever was making the grocery run. He grinned when he realized Isis was going and laughed when he saw her gun strapped to her belt. Clay raised his eyebrow at her making her shrug.

"Despite not really being associated with your club, Clay thinks me and my family are in danger. I don't take threats lightly. If I'm going to go anywhere, I'm going to be able to protect myself." She explained making Clay and Tig both nod before she left to run her errand.

Tig parked next to her and walked with her into the grocery store, staring at her ass the whole way. She figured he was checking her out, as he usually did, but decided not to call him out on it. They were in the fruits and vegetables when Isis looked over at the door. Tig had, as usual, been hitting on her. It made her laugh and want to cry all at the same time. She couldn't believe some of his lines actually worked on the women of this town. Two bikers with different kuttes on came into the store and stopped, looking around.

"Tig?" Isis questioned.

"Oh come on, you know you want to know what I'm like in bed!" He smirked.

"Tig..." She trailed.

"What?"

"There's two bikers with kuttes on that just entered the store and are looking around as if they're looking for someone." Isis stated, putting the Jalepeno back that she was trying to bag.