Chapter 11

After breakfast, Clay called for church again. They needed to deal with the aggressive rival gang, Muerta Encarnada, and fast so everyone could get back to their lives. "They only respond to violence, though!" Juice exclaimed as they sat around the cherry oak table in their chapel. Opie nodded his head in agreement as he stared at the reaper carved into their table. They had tried talking with the gang, tried to reason with them, and even tried being nice and offering to let them settle in Charming if they kept the drugs out. They had always been received with hostility and violence.

"Then if violence is what they respond to, it's violence they'll get. Let's show them who they're fucking with." Clay looked around at all his brothers.

"Things are about to get very bloody in Charming, aren't they?" Jax sighed.

"If this is the way they want it, yes." Clay retorted, "What say the rest of you?"

"We're all in danger as long as they're in Charming. We've tried everything else and they've responded to nothing." Bobby started out with a sigh, "If we have to resort to violence to end things, so be it. I've got gigs to get to and I'd like to get back to my home so I can do some baking."

Clay decided to take a vote. All but Ratboy agreed on taking the violent road to solve their problem. Jax knew Tara was going to hate what they had to do but also knew he had to do something to keep his family safe. Gemma didn't care what they did as long as they'd be able to lift the lockdown soon. With their decision made, Clay then brought up how to take care of their problem. It took over an hour to decide how best to deal with their issue before they came to a solution that all were happy with.

Clay slammed the gavel down and everyone began filtering out of the chapel. Happy's eyes looked around and found Isis sitting with Gemma chatting away like old friends. Her two girls were sitting on the couch with their laptops and schoolbooks doing their school stuff. Tara was playing with the two boys. They were all having to head out but he wanted to talk to Isis. To tell her to be safe and not go anywhere until they returned. He was sure she wouldn't actually go anywhere, especially with the threat to her children still there.

With one last look at her, he left the clubhouse and headed to his bike. Most of his brothers were already there strapping on their helmets and mounting their bikes. This was a dangerous mission they were going on. It was uncertain if any of them would get hurt or not. He shook his head trying to get his head back "in the game". The club needed him. Needed his ability to think straight and be merciless. He straddled his bike and then followed his brothers to their destination.

Gemma and Isis just sat together talking about this and that. The Queen had explained all about the club, the meaning of the crow tattoos, what it meant to be an 'ol lady to one of the members, the crow eaters, and how things were run around the clubhouse. Isis was shocked to discover her first husband, and Jax's father, had died on her. "I wish my ex was dead." Isis retorted making Gemma just shake her head.

They talked of John Teller and of Nicolai, of how Isis and Nicolai had come to be a couple, and all about her troubled marriage. It was a bit shocking to hear how badly Isis had been treated by her ex and how he could just be so cold towards his own children. Isis shrugged and told her it was his loss. His own children despised him because of the way he treats them and her and she wasn't going to try and force them to love their father simply because he was their father. Gemma just shook her head in understanding. She was glad that John had at least loved her and their two boys before he'd died.

"I know I've asked if you'd get into another relationship but I can't help but notice what an excellent 'ol lady you'd make around here." Gemma stated making Isis choke on the coffee she was drinking.