Chapter 23

Isis put the finished enchiladas, covered with shredded cheese, into the oven to bake and let the cheese melt. She had Ashanti set the table for her and Leia pour everyone glasses of tea. Happy watched as the joyful little family worked together to get things ready for dinner and couldn't help but smile to himself. He never thought he'd like this domesticated stuff but here he was! Isis made things homemade just like his momma. 'I'll have to take her to go see momma one of these days.' he thought to himself as the trio of ladies talked about the girls' schoolwork.

After about fifteen minutes, Isis removed the pan of enchiladas and brought them to the table. Happy had to laugh at how the two teens reacted. Both nearly salivating, eyes wide as they stared at the pan when their mother set it on the table, hands already grasping their silverware. "Looks amazing, babe." Happy told Isis as they sat down making her smile over at him. She told him to get some before the girls descended upon the food because they wouldn't leave anything left. He laughed as he waited for her to pass the pan over to him.

Leia began telling her mother all that Happy had told her about his dirt bike hoping knowing more about it would sway her decision into a "yes". Isis just sat there listening to what her daughter was telling her not really understanding anything that was said. Other than it having a low center of gravity and easy to pick up if she found herself on the ground. Hearing how excited her daughter was made her want to let Happy teach her but she was still hesitant about just how safe riding was and being on a dirt bike.

Isis had the girls clean the table from dinner as Happy headed into the living room. She put tin foil over their leftovers and set it in the fridge before loading the dishwasher. Leia wiped the table down with a wet wash rag before taking her glass of tea and heading back to her room. Isis grabbed her glass and headed into the living room so she could finally sit down and talk with Happy over her daughter riding a bike.

"So..." Isis started out knowing Happy wanted to try and convince her to let him teach her daughter to ride a bike.

"I assure you, she'll be safe. I'm teaching her all the safety precautions, how to handle the bike properly, everything she will ever need to know. Including how it works." Happy stated as she snuggled into his arms.

"I just don't know. I mean, how safe is that thing honestly?" She questioned.

"Isis, I've been riding my whole life. I assure you, they're safe." He said.

She sighed as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Isis listen to me, wouldn't you rather someone teach her to ride and respect the machine who knows what he's talking about than someone with less experience and who doesn't respect the machine he rides? I've never laid my bike down. Not once in my whole life.

I've been riding dirt bikes since I was ten and got my first Harley when I was seventeen. I respect my bike, I take care of my bike, and I'll teach her to be the same way. Bikes are only dangerous when the rider is careless and doesn't respect his bike. I would never endanger your children. Not willingly." Happy stared into her eyes as he spoke.

"Well...you do make a good point about being taught by someone who has the experience and respect." She sighed, "And I do trust you. (she bit her lower lip) I guess I'll allow you to teach her to ride."

"You won't regret this. And when she graduates to an actual bike, I'll make sure she gets one that is more appropriate for her. Not anything with a huge engine or is overly large. Harley-Davidson does make some excellent bikes that are catered to petite women." He smiled.

"Woah, wait a damned minute here!" Her eyes widened making him smile, "I never said anything about her having a motorcycle of her own!"

"Oh, come on! You don't wanna be a Harley driving family?" His eyes crinkled as he smiled at her, "I can teach you and Ashanti both ride as well. It'll be great!"