Gregstophe - A brand new shovel

Request by @greguniverse0001 and @ze_mole_boi . I know @ze_mole_boi requested this ages ago so im sorry it took so long 😅 Also, I've never written these two so I hope it isn't too bad.

Gregory yawned, lazily flopping his hand over and answering the call. " GREGORY!" A familiar french accent yelled at him through the speaker. " Mole? What time is it?" Gregory asked, rubbing his half asleep eyes and glancing towards the dim light coming from his window. " It iz time, to overthrow ze monarchy!" Christophe's voice answered, making Gregory sigh. " But since we are in America, we will have to wait." He continued. " But ze reason I have called you today is of utmost importance!" Christophe explained. " Why do I highly doubt that Christophe" Gregory frowned, practially feeling the scowl that Chris was giving him in response through the phone. " Just come outside. MAINTENANT!" Christophe yelled, his English slipping back into French accidentally. " Right now? But we have school today." Gregory argued, checking his clock and realising that it was 5:00 AM. " Well zat is obviously why I am here so early espèce d'idiot  !" Christophe hissed. " I know zat you hate skipping school becauze you do not know what is important" Chris huffed. " Well it is because I have a 4.0 grade point average that I have a responsibility to mainta-" Gregory started, before he was interrupted. " OUI OUI I KNOW ABOUT YOUR GRADES. NOW GET OUT HERE BEFORE I SHOVE MY SHOVEL SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT-" Christophe hissed, cut off when Gregory ended the call, rolling his eyes as he pulled on his clothes. " Stupid mole" Gregory muttered to himself, tying his hair up and stepping into his shoes before leaving his house. It was only barely light outside, the sun only recently have risen and Gregory was in no way awake enough to deal with his friends bullshit yet. " MOLE?" He yelled, half expecting Christopher to jump down on him from the roof. Instead, he saw a face staring back at him from a hole in the ground. " Zis hole is not deep enough" He frowned, staring at the blonde as if he was supposed to fix that. " Christopher why are you digging a hole outside my house?" Gregory sighed. " ZAT IS CONFIDENTIAL GREGORY!" Christophe hissed, making Greg pinch his nose in annoyance. He should know better than to question this idiot by now. " Ok, well why don't you just dig the hole deeper?" Gregory asked, figuring that the sooner he solved his friends problem the sooner he could go inside and watch tv. " BECAUSE-" Christophe began, his eyes misting over with tears suddenly. Gregory felt a pang of sympathy, eyes widening. Christophe never showed his emotions so freely, whatever was up was clearly a big deal to him. " Hey, its okay, you can tell me" Gregory said soothingly, kneeling down at the edge of the hole next to his friend. " MY SHOVEL IS BROKEN!" He finished, burying his face in his hands dramatically as Gregorys eyes narrowed. " You mean to tell me that you woke me up at 5AM to tell me that you broke your shovel?" Gregory deadpanned. Christophe looked up at him, eyes teary as he wiped his nose on his sleeve, nodding. Chris took a deep breath, regaining his composure. " BUT WE MUST PERSIST!" He yelled, Gregory wincing as he thought about all of his hopefully still sleeping neighbours. " Where are your spoons Gregory?" Christophe demanded, deciding that they would be the best method to dig his hole. Gregory bit his lip in thought. " How about we just go buy you a new shovel?" Gregory asked. Christophes eyes lit up, the normally serious and gloomy boy grabbing his friend and spinning him around in a warm hug. " YOU ARE A GENIUS GREGORY!" He grinned, making the blond blush slightly as he was set back down on the floor, rubbing his neck shyly at the compliment. " Well, I did attend Yardale" He chuckled, his blush growing darker when he saw how wide Christophe was smiling at him. He had been friends with the boy for what felt like forever, but it was rare that he ever saw him with that expression. " You should smile more often, it suits you" Gregory admitted, heart pounding in his chest when he realised what he had just said. It was now Christophes turn to blush as he looked away to hide his expression. " Come on, enfoiré " Christophe mumbled under his breath, trying to hide how happy he was that Gregory had given him a compliment. The pair walked towards the store slowly, their blushes dying down. " I hope you know you owe me for making me wake up so early in the morning Christophe." Gregory joked. " Oui, I will be in your debt" Christophe nodded seriously in response. " You don't actually have to-" Gregory began. " Gregory a honourable man does not go against his word" Christophe silenced him. " What do you want me to do for you?" Christophe asked. Seeing that Christophe was not going to give up on this, Gregory sighed. " How about a coffee? Might help us wake up at least" Gregory suggested, noticing a light blush dusted over Christophes face as his mind flickered back to the coffee date from the book he had read last night. " OUI! Zat sounds like a satisfactory reward" Christophe nodded eagerly. Suddenly, someone turned around the corner, yelping as they crashed into Gregory, causing him to fall backwards. He squeezed his eyes shut, expecting the hard smack of his body on the concrete but frowning when he instead felt a strong arm catch him. The arm securly wrapped around his waist and he opened his eyes to see that it was Christophe who had saved him. " Thanks" He smiled, Chris not responding as he let him go, lunging towards the person who had been running. " WHAT DO YOU WANT SPY?" Christophe snarled, gripping the mans collar and making him screech in surprise. " S..spy?!" The man asked hoarsely, sounding both terrified and confused. Gregory realised what was happening, trying to pull his friend away. " DONT ACT INNOCENT, WHY ELSE WOULD YOU BE RUNNING AT A TIME LIKE THIS? WHO ARE YOU RUNNING AFTER?" Christophe interrogated. " Christophe! He is wearing jogging gear!" Gregory hissed, yanking him away and freeing the man from his grip. " Im so sorry sir" He apologised, scowling at Christophe. " Oh.. Yea Im uh... Im sorry too" Chris laughed nervously, seeing the terrified expression on the clearly innocent mans face. " .....Its uh... its ok.." The man said in a quiet voice, backing away and shuddering. " Christophe! You need to chill out." Gregory frowned. " Sorry." Christopher apologised, looking at his feet in embarassment. " Its ok, lets go get your shovel, mole" Gregory smiled, shaking his head. Christophe followed him, not saying another word. " So, can we go get that coffee you promised after this?" Gregory asked, trying to hide his excitement. He had wanted to go get coffee with his friend for a while now, figuring that it would be a perfect oppurtunity to confess his feelings. Christophe nodded, lips curling into a grin as he felt his heart jump in his chest. Somehow, by some weird miracle, breaking his shovel had turned into getting coffee with his crush. Things seemed to be looking up for him.