Style - What would you say

Stan sat on the floor of his best friends living room, smiling as he listened to his friend rant about Cartman. Kyle laid with his head in Stans lap, spouting out whatever came into his mind as they killed time. " Cartman is such an asshole though dude like, I'm pretty sure he is 90% evil" Kyle groaned. " What's the other 10% ?" Stan asked curiously as he watched Kyle frown in concentration. " Cheesy poofs" Kyle grinned and Stan chuckled at him. " Honestly he eats so much that I think he is genuinely becoming one" Kyle stated. Stan shook his head at his friend, picking up his guitar from next to him. He began to absentmindedly strum a tune. " Cartman succckkkss" He sung sweetly, making Kyle laugh. God Stan loved that laugh. He looked down at the freckled face on his lap, a warm feeling pooling in his chest. Kyle reached his arms up, placing them behind his head as he used them as a cushion on Stans lap. It was quiet and the pair felt at peace. It was a nice change from the hectic environment that they were usually surrounded by." Wise men say... only fools rush in..."  Stan began to sing, not paying attention to what he was doing. He let his mind wander as they sat, enjoying the cool air from the AC. " But I, can't help.. falling in love.. with you." Stan's heart jolted as he realised what he was singing, looking down to Kyle in fear of a bad reaction. Kyle, however, was busy looking at the ceiling. " Why did you stop?" Kyle said, meeting Stan's eyes. " I uh.." Stan spluttered. " What is it dude?" Kyle asked, sitting up. Stan took in a deep breath. He had been putting this moment off for too long. He knew that this was the time to tell Kyle what he had been meaning to for a long time now. " Kyle," Stan said, his serious tone making Kyle frown in concern. " Yeah man?" Kyle asked curiously, crossing his legs. " If one of your friends were gay, what would you say?" Stan bit his lip. " Nothing? Why would I care what gender my friends like? That's like saying what would I say if someone wore blue jeans instead of black ones." Kyle asked, genuinely confused. Stan smiled. It was reassuring to hear someone talk about sexuality like that. " Well, I think I'm bisexual" Stan admitted. Kyle smiled at him. " I'm proud of you for telling me, now carry on with your song dude" Kyle grinned ruffling Stan's hair. " Wait.. there's something else." Stan said, making Kyle raise an eyebrow. "oh?" He asked. " Hold on I'm thirsty, you want anything?" The ginger said, getting up and walking into the kitchen. " Nah I'm good thanks," Stan said. As he heard cups moving and liquid pouring in the other room, he felt butterflies filling his chest. He had to do this now or he knew he would get nervous and chicken out. " Kyle.. What if one of your friends had a crush on you?" Stan said, scrunching his eyes up as he waited for a reaction. The kitchen was silent. " And what if uh.. what if that friend was me" Stan continued nervously. The house was silent as Stan held his breath. Finally, Kyle appeared in the doorway, the widest grin on his face that Stan had ever seen. " Then I would say that I had a crush too, and his name is Stan," Kyle said as the pair looked at each other. As if on cue, Stan stood up, and they both ran towards each other, meeting in the middle of the room in a warm hug. They finally pulled away, looking into each other's eyes, grinning like idiots. " Well then, I guess I love you Kyle" Stan smiled. " And I guess I love you too dude," Kyle said happily. " Does this mean that we're boyfriends now?" Stan asked hopefully. " No Stan, it means that we're super best boyfriends" Kyle smiled. " Ew dude" Stan laughed at how sappy his friend was. " Well I mean we can't be super best friends anymore so.." Kyle laughed. " You gonna finally finish that song now?" Kyle smirked, going to get his lemonade as Stan grabbed his guitar, sitting on the sofa. As Kyle walked in, Stan began the song, Kyle paying attention to the lyrics this time. Kyle was blushing as he sipped his drink, smiling at the passion in Stan's voice. When he finished the song Kyle was silent. " ... What?" Stan asked as Kyle stared at him. " It's just... I love you so much dude" Kyle smiled, unable to hold in the warm feeling in his chest. Stan smiled, putting his guitar on the floor before leaning back on the arm of the sofa, holding his arms out. Kyle gladly accepted the invitation, flopping onto Stan's chest and wrapping his arms around his new boyfriend. Stan buried his face in the soft ginger curls on Kyle's head, smiling at the familiar cinnamon smell that filled his nose. A knock at the door made Kyle groan as he was forced to stand up. " Hold on a second," He said, walking to the door. Stan followed him, curious and clingy. The door opened to reveal Kenny and Cartman fighting over Token's old switch that he had given to Kenny for a birthday present. " THAT'S A BAD KINNEHH" Cartman whined and Kyle frowned, watching the pair. " MPFHPPH!" Kenny screeched from under his hood. Stan shook his head and grabbed the game console, holding it above his head where the others couldn't reach it. " STAN GIVE IT" Cartman snarled, jumping in an attempt to reach it. " Wait why are you two even here," Kyle asked the pair. " We got bored," Kenny said, taking down his hood as he shrugged. " Yea and we knew your boyfriend would be here too" Cartman snapped, scowling at Stan. Kyle and Stan both looked at each other, bursting into laughter. " What?" Cartman asked, looking to Kenny for answers who just shrugged. " Heres your switch Kenny," Stan said, giving the game to Kenny. Cartman and Kenny stood clueless as they stared at the pair. " Why are you laughing?" Cartman asked, his anger completely replaced with confusion. " No reason" Stan smiled, holding his boyfriend's hand. " You guys wanna go get food?" Stan asked, to which Cartman immediately nodded, forgetting about the laughter as the idea of food filled his mind." Okay.." Kenny said suspiciously, still curious about what he was missing. " Hold on babe I just need to get my hat," Kyle said, kissing Stan on his cheek as Kenny and Cartman's jaws dropped. That was one way to come out, Stan thought to himself as a blush covered his face.