Chapter 14 ~ Idiots

Chapter 14 ~
2 days later.

"Do you really think this plan is going to work?" I asked quietly staring at the wall with a blank expression and Xavier looked at me holding a sandwich in his hand.

"From what I hear. I think it will... Your mate will kill everything that gets in the way and soon there won't be anything left" he chuckled shrugging and I looked at him with a blank expression making his smile fade.

"But his own father... How could someone do that?" I whispered looking down the hall where Daddy was standing with Alpha Derek.

"Mason seems to hate his father. Very much" Xavier said leaning on the counter chewing his sandwich carelessly.

I swear he's always eating.

"I wonder what happened between him and his family" I said biting my lip thinking about what could make someone hate their own family so much.

"he hasn't told you?"

"Nope. He just always says he never had a family then gets mad and changed the subject. And Evan won't tell me anything at all even though he knows" I sighed sitting on the counter and Xavier just shrugged taking a big bite of his sandwich.

"Maybe his family is the reason he's so fucked up" he snorted with his mouth full and I elbowed him hard making him grunt. "He's not fucked up" I said and he grinned "Aw! defending your mate. How cute" he teased and I rolled my eyes smiling.

I looked down playing with my blue moon bracelet and looked at him as he finished up his sandwich doing a little dance making me smile softly.  I looked around sighing at my old pack members as they went on with their everyday lives.

I miss this place...

"Where's Emma?" I frowned looking at him and he stopped chewing, "now that I think about it I haven't seen her at all" I said watching him.

"Um. She went on vacation" he shrugged and I just stared at him, he shifted uncomfortably and turned around throwing his plate in the sink. I stared him down making him gulp, I smirked waiting for him to break.

He always gives up after a stare down.

"I think she left me okay?!" He said quickly looking away ashamed, "why would she leave you? What happened?" I frowned sitting up.

"She gets really jealous easily-"

"What did you do?!" I said hitting his head making him wince. "I didn't do anything!-"

"Liar!" I said hitting him again "Will you stop hitting me?!" He growled at me "so answer me. Tell me the truth, what did you do?"

"It wasn't me! It's you!" He said quickly backing away and I froze "What? I haven't even been here how is it my fault?" I scoffed and he just sighed.

"It's because of you. But it's my fault" he said and I just raised an eyebrow. "After you left things weren't really the same around here. So me and my dad were working on a plan to get you back. We... Well I was still able to feel all your emotions" he said and I just crossed my arms over my chest sitting there.

"At first she was willing to help with whatever she can do but there was really nothing. I didn't want her getting hurt or anything so I kept telling her to stay behind" he said looking down at his hands.

"Not all women are weak you know" I muttered and he rolled his eyes "she said the same thing" he said and I went to kick him but he grabbed my ankle quickly holding it.

I glared at him and he rolled his eyes, "that day I came back. After that asshole hit me-"

"You mean beat you to death" I said and he just clenched his jaw. "Whatever. She didn't want me to go back but I had to get you out. I wanted to go back but she wouldn't let me-"