Chapter 41~ Poor Evan

Chapter 41~

I gasped feeling arms pick me up, my eyes snapped open quickly "shh" Daddy said holding me and I sighed looking at Mason laying there. "Dr. Reynolds has to do new tests" he said walking out the room holding me.

"He's going to get his wife to help him again" he said, I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. "How you feeling Cookie Monster?" He asked rubbing my back, "I miss him" I whispered making him sigh. "I know you do" he said kissing my head, "is it supposed to be this painful?" I mumbled.

"It's very painful" he mumbled to himself, I looked at his face as he had a distant look in his eyes. Probably thinking about Mom.

"How did you get through it? Mom not being here and all" I asked, "well I had you. That was enough to get me back on my feet" he said kissing my forehead. "Derek helped a lot too" he said

"I remember" I said thinking about Alpha forcing Dad to get back on his feet and take care of himself while taking care of me as well.

"Mason will make it" he said snapping me out of my thoughts, "he's tough" he said and I just hugged him silently. "I'm glad you're here" I whispered making him tighten his hold around me.

****
I walked into the room looking around, I quietly walked to the crib seeing Scott laying there playing with his toy. He looked up at me and smiled making me smile, "Hi handsome" I said softly.

He sat up looking at me and raised his arms making my heart melt, I picked him up holding him on my hip and he smiled playing with my necklace.

"Where's your Daddy?" I asked looking around the room, "I'm here" Evan said walking out the bathroom shirtless. "I see he woke up" he said drying his hair, "yeah" I chuckled staring at Scott.

"What's up?" Evan asked going to his drawer grabbing a shirt "I was wondering what you were going to do with the witch" I said making him clench his jaw.

"We don't know yet. But she's still in the cells" he said putting on his shirt, "have you spoken to her? Interrogated her or anything?"

"No. I'm not letting anyone near her-"

"Why not? She could escape again"

"Our Alpha is in a coma. The pack isn't exactly taking it well, especially when their Luna almost got killed right in our home" he muttered making me sigh.

"Have you taken a break?" I asked "I don't need one-"

"Yes you do. You need time away from all this drama and be with your son" I said making him look at me. He looked at Scott in my arms still playing with my necklace, "I can't" he said with a pained expression. "It's my responsibility to take care of the pack while Mason is... isn't here" he said looking down.

"You're putting to much on yourself. You need to take one thing at a time. Not everything all at once. Just watching you stresses me out" I mumbled , "I'm fine Jordyn" he said making me look at him.

"Evan. You need a break" I said more sternly making him clench his jaw. "Jordyn-"

"I'm serious" I said walking closer, "Jordyn I already said I'm -"

"Evan!" We heard and I tightened my hold around Scott quickly holding him close to me. Aarlik ran in the room panting "what is it?" Evan asked

"We got her" he said making us frown. "Who?"

"Anna. We found Anna. She's down in the cells" he said making me tense. I looked at Evan seeing his eyes darken

Oh no...