Chapter 24

Edited🦋

He could go ask the class teacher. Last time the class teacher took the initiative to ask him. So as long as he took the initiative, he could immediately sit with Qiao Lan.

But Tan Mo didn't want to do this.

Tan Mo had his own set of rules and principles, and even such a small thing like changing seats had their own rules and methods.

Qiao Lan had asked him last time why he refused to take the exam, at that time he told her that he had no reason to take it nor did he care enough to do so. But now Tan Mo had found a reason.

Qiao Lan had changed to another position, and this made him somewhat unhappy.

Chen Yaoyang once again sat on her left, he was much closer to her then Tan Mo.

Last week, because she was sitting very close to him, Qiao Lan clearly felt that Tan Mo had made progress. He had spoken more and was more active in their interactions. But now that she had changed seats a week later, she could no longer talk to Tan Mo as soon as she turned her head.

She glanced back, and saw the girl sitting in front of Tan Mo pull her table and chair forward, deliberately creating a large space between her and Tan Mo.

Qiao Lan stared at the girl for a long time, before finally looking away.

Some of Tan Mo's actions were often difficult for Qiao Lan to understand. Sometimes she would even misunderstand his actions, but after a period of time, Qiao Lan would slowly figure out what Tan Mo meant.

For example, Tan Mo had ignored her last time because of her sentence about drinking water. Then, Tan Mo would talk to her while they were at the western restaurant, but suddenly ignored her at school.

Tan Mo's thinking was different from that of an ordinary person, so sometimes it was a little difficult to understand him, but there did exist a simple truth about Tan Mo, no matter what Tan Mo thought, he would never have evil thoughts. He would never think of harming her, instead everything he did was to help her in some way.

When she thought of this, Qiao Lan felt both angry and sad. Everyone believed that Tan Mo was terrible, but in fact, his heart was purer than anyone else.

Following this train of thought, Qiao Lan finally understood why Tan Mo didn't talk to her in the class, or why he didn't talk to her in front of their classmates.

He was worried that the people here would alienate her or slander her because she was close to him.

Thinking of this, she had the urge to cry.

Qiao Lan was not a sentimental person. The number of times she had cried in her previous life could be counted with just two fingers. She had been a durable and unbendable weed for twenty years, but now, whenever she saw this boy, the softest part of her heart was touched again and again.

She felt distressed to know that there existed a person in this world that was so genuinely kind.

Pei Ning was talking to her about something, but when he was talking, he suddenly found that Qiao Lan had stopped responding. After a glance, he saw Qiao Lan was in a daze.