Chapter 14 - What a Scene

Danielle pulls away and puts her head in her hands, "What a load off my chest..."

"I wasn't all that worried about it, but knowing that we can actually put his ass in jail if he does makes me feel much better."

"Listen Dani, Jackson still might release the pictures, so you should still be prepared for that. And if he does it's going to be grueling to go to the counselor or police. But no matter what I'll be right here... by your side."

Danielle leaned into me, "That's what makes this all... bareable."

---------------------------------

One year later...

My mom puts down a heavy box and looks over at me, "Listen Matt, I know this is a little early for a couple to move in together, and after everything that's happened... If you need somewhere to stay you're always welcome at home."

She hugged me and I starred at a colorful painting lying against the wall behind her. I smiled, "Mom, it's just college with Danielle. We're literally fifteen minutes away, you're making a big deal out of nothing."

"I know it's just-"

Danielle walked in, "I think that's everything."

My mom turned, "Yes... I guess so. It's still hard to believe that this is happening. Everything happened so quick."

She looked down at her watch, "It's getting late, I better get going. Not too much happy time you two, you've got neighbors, no noise complaints!"

Danielle laughed loudly once before covering her mouth.

I slipped my hands under my glasses and rubbed my eyes, "Jesus... Mom."

She kissed me on the cheek and put something in my pocket. "Okay, bye you two lovebirds."

Once she was out the door Danielle walked over, "What'd she put in your pocket?"

I reached in and pulled something out, "Oh Lord."

Danielle started laughing again, "Hahaha Oh my God I love your mom."

A condom. My mom put a condom in my pocket... In front of Danielle.

"She knows us too well I guess", Danielle pushed me back onto the bed.

I looked around, "Hey! We don't even have sheets on the bed yet!"

She tore the wrapper with her teeth, "So?"

--------------------------

6 months ago...

The Bailiff stands up straight, "Please rise."

I turned to Danielle and whispered, "Is this really that serious?"

She grinned and whispered, "I guess so."

Thirty minutes later...

Court doors swing open and Danielle turns to me, "All that for a parking ticket?" -- A/N: Gotcha

"Look, there was no sign there, I took the pictures to prove it. How am I supposed to know I can't park there when someone tore down the sign?"

"Yeah at least the judge was reasonable, and didn't make you pay the fine."

----------------------------

6 months later...

Danielle rolls off of me and I turn to her, "Can we put the sheets on the bed now?"

Breathing heavily she turns to me, "Yeah..."

We both laughed.

----------------------------

"Where do you want to put this Dani?"

"I don't know, how about above the bed?"

"What and have to look at this ugly painting every night before going to sleep?"

She softly punched my shoulder, "I thought this was your favorite?"

I grabbed my arm, "Ow... Hahaha I was just kidding."

She smiled, "I know, I just wanted to punch your arm."

"That's just mean hahaha."

"I have to agree with your mom, this does feel weird. It feels like we were just in high school like a week ago."

"Yeah, at least all of that drama is over. I can't imagine what we'd be doing right now if Jackson had send those videos to everyone."

"Jeez. Don't remind me."

"Sorry. You'know I still don't understand why you lied to me."

"It was embarrassing okay, it's much easier to justify a few candid photos vs. a full on sex tape worth of clips to a guy you just fell in love with."

"Yeah, but what makes less sense is that you even did that."

"Yeah I cringe everytime I think about it. It was so stupid and pointless looking back on it. God am I glad we didn't have to go to court and show them to a judge, could you imagine?"

Shivers went down my back, "Phew, yeah."

We both sat down and I started, "After all it's what we've done that makes us what we are."

Danielle turned and chuckled, "Stop with the fucking song quotes."

I laughed, "Okay. Okay. It's true though."

She smiled and kissed me, "I can't wait to spend the rest of my live with you."

She looked down at the ring I gave her, "You better make a lot of money and upgrade this bad boy."

I laughed and held her hand up towards the light, the small diamond sparkling bright, "I will."

-------------------------------------

The end.

-------------------------------------
A/N: This is probably the longest story I've ever written which is probably pretty sad looking back at it. As a writer I tend to come up with many stories but scrap most of them. I've written probably 6+ oneshots on this website alone that I will probably never use. This process has actually taught me a lot about my writing style and how easy it is, yet poor in long term story telling quality. But, along the way I've become sort of attached to these characters, all of them have parts of me in them. I know this ending was abrupt, but honestly I couldn't bring myself to write in a few more drama plot webs to torture these characters just to squeeze out ten more chapters. In all honesty I couldn't see these characters doing the things that would result in a really good long and dramatic story. I wrote most of these chapters including this one with a spontaneous mood which leads to different feelings and directions for the story. I felt it just wasn't planned out well enough to evolve into anything better. Good news is that I've taken what I learned and adapted it into my new style which you will hopefully see soon (not too soon). If you'd like to give my next endeavor a chance then feel free to follow me and keep a look out for my next work. Thanks for reading.