Chapter 7 - Real World/3AM

A/N: So, I'm officially just gonna go back on my word, I have grew a liking to these notes. This chapter is dedicated to two songs by Matchbox Twenty and FreyChiBana. It's nice to know at least one person is enjoying my story and that is enough for me to keep writing, no matter how little the views are, thanks. Also I have been holding back on the cursing because I wasn't sure how far I could go without being considered "Mature", but after a little research as long as it isn't obsessive I should be fine, I hope you enjoy this long chapter.

I was very cautious at school the next couple of days, Jackson seemed really serious and angry before we dusted him. I had heard stories of him fighting people, but I wouldn't think that Danielle holding my hand would seriously make him that angry, he must've really liked her.

Anyway, to my amazement I never heard another peep out of Jackson after that day, honestly I expected more elementary and petty threats, but never got any. I wasn't looking for drama, but I kind of think I could take Jackson on, I don't have as much muscle as him, but I'm pretty quick, at least that's what I like to think.

It's was now Saturday and after a few hours of laying idly I decided I'd text Danielle to see if she would like to hangout.

Me: Hey, wyd?

Danielle: Who's this?

Me: Who's this?

Oh, I guess I'm still under a random name on her phone, who is this texting from her phone?

Danielle: This is Danielle's boyfriend, who are you?

Danielle's boyfriend, wait what?

Me: Danielle's boyfriend?

Danielle: Yeah, Jackson, you still haven't answered, who are you?

Sigh. Are you fucking kidding me Danielle?

I throw my phone down and fall back on my bed. Really, Danielle? After all that he has done and said to me, you go back to that neanderthal? I pick up my phone again.

Me: Tell Danielle to lose my number, bye.

He must have been snooping through her phone or something while she was out of the room. We're done, she told me that she broke up with him, I can't take the betrayal and deceit anymore. I thought I could handle it but I can't, I love her, but I guess I need to try to move on.

I need to clear my head so I grab a hoodie, step out the front door and begin walking. I put in some earbuds and play some music to occupy my mind, I don't want to deal with my thoughts right now. As I walk I stare at the deep lines dividing each square of the side walks. I find the consistency kind of comforting, no matter what, as long as the side walk continues there's gonna be that line dividing each square.

-----------------------------------------

I've been walking for around thirty minutes and I really have no clue where I am. I've kind of just been staring at the ground and trying not to run into traffic or people. I stop and look around, then see a familiar restaurant. I remember it because Danielle specifi... no way...

I see Danielle and Jackson walk out holding hands and laughing.

What... a... fucking coincidence.

I sigh and sit down at bus stop a few feet away and watch as they whisk past playing loud music and laughing without a care in the world. I guess she hadn't read my text, maybe she had, he always finds a way to make her happy.

Who cares anymore.

I sit back and notice I had been sitting by someone. An old man is sitting next to me squinting at me while he lit a cigarette. He looks me in the eye and holds out an open pack towards me.