Chapter 9 - Witchcraft

I steped through the Security gate at the library entrance and scanned the room as I walked in. There was no sign of Ashley so I pulled out my phone and remembered that I didn't have her number. I looked at the time and then put the phone back in my pocket. She did say she had a hard time finding her way around, so it might take her a minute or two.

I stood beside a table spinning slowly looking at the different student-created sculputures when suddenly I heard a bright voice coming from behind.

"Hey, Matt!"

I did a twirl and grinned, "Hey!"

As she approached I continued, "Get lost again?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, a little bit, I wasn't expecting the Library to be near the front office."

She looked around, "Wow, this is a really big Library, I love to read, so I'll have to spend some more time in here."

"I'm not a big reader, but I love to write so I usually spend lunch period in here with a notebook."

"Really? You'll have to show me some of your writing after we study then."

I don't really like showing other people my writing, it's kind of embarrassing so I just nodded and hoped she'd forget, "Uh, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I think I've got everything. You know where I live right?"

"Yeah, we live pretty close."

When we arrived at the house it was weird to be walking in during the daytime. I had been there once or twice to parties, but never stayed for that long.

As we stepped in I admired the family pictures, none of which had Ashley in them. It's still weird to think that Jackson is related to this girl, they're complete polar opposites, though she definitely looks like their mother.

"Do you want something to drink?" She asked.

"No, thanks, I've got water in my bag."

"Ok, I'm gonna grab a water real quick for myself, we'll go up in a second."

"... Go up in a second." Are we going to study in her room? I've never been in another girl's room except for Danielle's and my cousin's.

I gulped, "Okay."

She closed the fridge and rushed back, "Alright, follow me."

She began up the stairs and I was a couple behind her and stared at the wood as we climbed.

She stopped in front of a door and opened it and walked in, "Welcome." she said.

As I walked in I was honestly surprised by the lack of pink compared to Danielle's room. There was a teddy bear on a nightstand beside he huge bed and there was some sort of dreamcatcher hanging from her drawer handle. She walked over and sat on her bed and pointed to a computer chair at a desk next to her bed.

"You can sit there, that office chair is really comfy."

I pulled my backpack off, pulled out the chair and took a seat.