Chapter 4

"You think I'm pretty
Without any makeup on
You think I'm funny
When I tell the punchline wrong
I know you get me
So I let my walls come down, down"

Enjoy reading

--------------------------------------------------------------
The door opened and a handsome guy walked in. He was tall, clean-shaven with short dark brown hair. He had bright ocean blue eyes. But they were hidden behind his geeky glasses. I guess the male workers had a different set of color codes cause he was wearing a black shirt which I guessed to be 'raven black '.

"Hey, have you seen... Megan what are you doing here, I need you to take a look at my laptop, it has gone blank." He said in his silvery voice.

I continued to stare at him, he was not muscular and all but was fit and fine. 'Stop staring at him, Kate' my inner voice said but I chose to ignore it. But as usual, I got caught staring. Heat crept up to my cheeks.

"Hey, you must be the new Administrative assistant right?"
"Yes," I muttered softly.
"I am Dylan, I work here as the support assistant."
"I am K-Kate Miller, nice to meet you," I trembled.

"Hey, you can do the introduction stuff later for now Dylan you come with me." Kate hissed.
"See you later Kate" Dylan smiled.
Let me tell you he had a charming smile that can melt any girl's heart.
"Bye Dylan" I murmured

"What about me, am I invisible? And remember it was me who made a card and not Dylan. I..."
"See you later Megan" I chirped and both went out laughing.

**
World's easiest thing to do is to get bored. For the last 20 minutes, I was wandering here and there, staring at the plain walls. I was done with the task Mr. Matthews gave.

He said that I should relax, get used to the surroundings, and relieve the tension. I tried to argue but it was futile.

I also tried to text Christie but it appeared that she was busy. So I decided to visit Megan, hoping that she won't mind.

Ughh! These heels are so annoying.
I somehow managed to reach Megan's office. I knocked on the door." Come in" she said in her cheerful voice.

I opened the door and it took me a few minutes to register what I was looking at. I was completely flabbergasted. Her cabin was simply ravishing. It felt as if I have entered her room.

She had created a huge calendar on which photos were stuck. I looked carefully and saw my picture stuck on the calendar. She had clicked it when I was reading her greeting card. She had many fictional books on her shelf. It was a messy cabin but nice messy.

"You like it?"
"Like it? I love it, especially that calendar. Do you mind if I take a look at that? "

"No, not at all. I click pictures every day and whichever picture, I think makes that day special I stick it on the calendar. So I have 365 memorable photos for 365 days."

As I flipped through the calendar, I was in complete awe, the pictures were truly mesmerizing.
"Megan, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!! It is beautiful. I wish I had such a calendar. And your cabin it's splendid."
"Thanks," she said timidly

"I hope I am not interrupting anything,"
"No, not at all, actually I was reading a book. I thought of coming but then I realized that you might be busy."
"No, Mr. Matthews said that I need to relax and get to know my surroundings more, so I came by."

"Well, not to be annoying or bothering but before in your office I could feel sparks between you and Dylan."
"I don't think so, I felt it was a normal introduction," I said trying not to draw any suspicious.