Chapter 3

"Flippin' through all these magazines
Tellin' me who I am supposed to be
Way too good at camouflage
Can't see what I am, I just see what I am not."

--------------------------------------------------------------
"That's looking good actually," Christie said pointing towards the trench coat.
"Well, thank you."

"Wait outside till then I'll bring the car"
I started to walk towards the gate and realized that wearing these heels is another mistake I have committed. How can people walk in these? I tried my best to walk confidently in these but ended up looking like a person who has just transitioned into a zombie or better who is morphing into a werewolf.

I somehow managed to reach the gate, it felt like I had finally climbed Everest.
"Kate!" Jenna said while waving from the balcony.
I looked up and waved at her and suddenly realized that the distance between the balcony and ground was very less. Oh, that's a good thing in case of fire  I can simply jump from there.

Abruptly I recognized that Christie was honking. I headed to the car and sat beside Christie. Her car was the dearest thing she ever had, even a small scratch on her car will result in the death of the person who did it.

She loved it like her child and probably it won't be wrong to say that she would prefer her car first and then me. She had written down some do's and don'ts and always gave them to read to the person sitting in her car.

"Are you ready, Miss Kate Teresa Miller?"
"Yes," I said but it sounded more like a question than a statement.
"Confidence, Kate, confidence"
"Yes," I said it a little more confident than previously.

"More confidence, Kate"
"Yes! And now start driving or I will get late on the first day itself" I screamed
"Okay, no need to shout "
I could already feel the adrenaline kicking in.

**
" Okay, are you sure this is the address?" I asked.
"Well Kate I hope you can see that," she said pointing towards the name of the company.

'CLARKSON ENTERPRISE' It was written in big, bold, capital letters.
"Kate, honestly you are working in heaven"
My heart was pounding out of my chest. My knees suddenly became wobbly like jelly.

"Hey, Katie poo, don't worry you will just do fine and will make Anna proud, now go it's already 8:45 "
I gave her a quick hug and started walking towards the tallest skyscraper, it was elegant, contemporary, and new.

It looked as if  Elsa's castle had come alive. I know you might be thinking that I couldn't find any other thing to describe it but come on you must admit that it was gorgeous. Plus life is incomplete without Disney.

I entered the building, the architecture was modern, sleek, and elegant.
I saw a beautiful blonde lady sitting behind the huge desk. I guessed that she must be the receptionist. I went to her smiling and asked, "Excuse me, .."
"Kate Miller?"
"Yes"
"Firstly, good choice of outfit, you are looking good."

" I am Amanda, I work here as the receptionist. So let me give you a small tour and tell you some rules. Sophie, you know what to do, till then I will give a quick tour to  Miss Miller. Come follow," she added.

I followed her like a small kid who follows their mom in a mall fearing that they might get lost. The elevator was surrounded by mirrors. As we went up, Amanda explained "The cafeteria is on the 5th and 6th floor but mostly visit the one on the fifth-floor cause the sixth floor is mostly reserved for the superiors.

" Oh" I managed to say as I saw the cafeteria on the fifth floor. I had seen some pictures of the building but not of the interiors as they were not available but it managed to make my jaw drop.
It was as big as my whole flat probably bigger than that. There were various sections for different delicacies. But only a few people were present.