Chapter Thirteen: Homeward Bound

Willow stare out the window of the car daydreaming about another life, imaging if the old Queen never die, she had lie to Dhu about know his path but everyone seems to believe what she said. Theo decide he will drive them all home, Ellery and Matt went ahead knowing that Theo had taken down the defense, Matt, Ellery and Theo will rebuild them went they got there.

"Do you know Dhu's path then?" Cypress asks

"I lied and he believe me, I think. I know we're going to bring him down somehow, but it's where we are going to be ready in time for the war, we don't even know when he's going to attack" Willow said

"Maybe Thanatos will have an answer; he did work for the council before the old Queen die plus, he kind of knows everything or gives the impression that he knows more than he is letting on what about you?"

"Yes, I think he does, where did he go?"

"He can turn invisible or he might have gone back to his home" Aeneas said coldly.

"And where's home for Death?" Amina wonder

"Wherever the afterlife is, where you believe the afterlife to exist to be, he will live there in some form" Theo explains

Theo turn up the radio to let the music fill the silence. Willow went back to thinking watching the world past by when Theo stop suddenly and everyone was flung forwards.

"Theo, what is it? It had better be important or I'll hurt you so bad for whiplash" Amina said groggily just waking back up

Theo got out, not answering Amina. Willow want to know why they had stop so copy her father in which she saw the answer, a black panther like creature was crying on the floor being attack by another wing wooden creatures. Willow start to walk forward when Theo stop her, he shocks his head indicating no and Aeneas created a small fireball, then threw it at them.

"Spriggen, the ones attacking" Theo state matter of factly "try not go near them if you can, lucky they're scared of fire mostly"

Theo walk slowly toward the other creature not sure what it was. Theo thought it could have been a panther that had escape from a near by zoo but he hadn't heard any reports about it.

"The legendary beast of Bodmin moor, I mean look at the side of her, she at least twice the size of any normal panther" Aeneas said.

"She's injury badly, do you think Dhu had something to do with this? I mean we're nowhere near Bodmin, and Spriggen are normally live further southeast of here" Theo said

"She would never be recruited by him that's for sure, I remember last time not even Gwidden could recruit her" Aeneas said

Theo got close to the beast and she growl at him as she tries to back away from Theo but fail to get up with each attempt. Theo stop and held up his hands, showing nothing in them

"Calm yourself girl, I don't want to hurt you, I want to help you, here" Theo conjure some raw beef hoping the beast will take it, Theo held it to her, slowly as well as moving once again towards her.

The beast smelt the air picking up the smell of the beef and edge closely to Theo and with a quick snarl and turn of her head grab the meat from his hand then moved away again. Theo move up to heal her wounds, he notices just bad how the Spriggen attack her, deep cuts were spread across her body, the battle must have been a long one.

"How bad? Will you be long? We need to move" Aeneas ask

"Nearly done but I don't want to leave her here, they could be back and she is very weak" Theo look back at Aeneas

"There's enough room in the boot if we move a couple of bags in with us Matt took a lot of our bags with him, at least we can keep an eye on her whilst she gets better" Willow said.