《Chapter 26》

Vanessa's p.o.v

The rumours spread all over the school and everyone started staring at me and whispering but of course I ignored it all.

I'm used to being made fun of anyway.

Jasmine and Isabella didn't seem to care either which made me really happy.

But my as*hole brothers are gonna probably get excited..

Ugh. That's the problem. Now I'll have to deal with their shit.

I hope they don't plan any thing to ruin the concert. Maybe I'll just threaten them? Maybe that'll work?

It was now time to go home. I was walking out of the school with Jasmine and Isabella. We were laughing and talking.

Then I noticed someone at the gate.

It was Ashton and he was just standing there on his phone with a blank face. What's he doing there?

"Oh no..." I heard Jasmine mutter when she saw him and I could see Isabella trembling. What the hell? "What is it?" I ask, furrowing my brows and they point at Ashton. They're scared of him? Why?

"You're scared of him?" I ask and they nod. "Why?" "He's scary and killed people! Hes the leader of a mafia and everyone knows not to mess with him. Hes always cold nd can kill you if you annoy him!" They say and my eyes widen slightly.

Wait-

He's a leader of a mafia?!

With that dorky attitude?!

"But he's always smiling like a dork." I say and turn towards him. He notices me and immediately walks over with a smile.

They've got to be kidding me..

Him in a mafia?

That's got to be a joke.

"He never smiles!" Isabella exclaims, waving her arms in the air. "Why does he smile at you?" Jasmine asks, shocked and I just shrug. "Why is he even coming here?!"

They noticed him coming and they start shaking. "I have to give him his jacket.." I say, taking of the jacket.

Their jaws dropped. "W-We have to go! We can't afford to offend him!" They exclaim, running away. "Hey! Don't leave me here!" I yell but they just ran away and I sighed.

Who knew they could be so scared of him..

Before I knew it, Ashton was standing in front of me. "Hey! What a coincidence!" He waves. "Coincedence my foot!" I say, stomping my foot on the ground. "You were waiting at the gate, weren't you?"

"Guilty!" He says, lifting his arma in surrender. "Why?" I ask. "Is it because of the jacket? Then here it is!" I then hand over the jacket to him.

"I didn't wash it but if you want it that badly, you can take it.." I say and he just laughs. "You can wash it and return it another day!" He says. "Plus, I'm only waiting here coz I missed you!"

"We met twice and you miss me already?" I ask, with a raised brow and he nods. "You're weird..." I say squinting my eyes. "You're weirder. I mean, the first time we met you were being chased by 2 men." He says, rolling his eyes.

Good point...

"Fair point." I shrug. "Why were they chasing you anyway?" He asks.

You know what? I'll just tell him. Maybe he'll get scared and he won't talk to me.

"Oh. That.." I rub my chin with a smile. "It's a secret. You wanna know?" He nods slowly. "Alright. I'll tell you." He lowers his head and I lean in by his ear and whisper.