61-62-63

Chapter 61 I Chose to Sacrifice you Three Years Ago

Wendy and I visited the princess suite quietly. We listened to the deeds of Teresa Teng by specially-assigned staff of the hotel and then we enjoyed the afternoon tea the hotel prepared for the tourists.

As other tea in Chiangmai, the black tea here was in pretty color and wonderful taste. And their desert was exquisite.

I told Wendy that she could not have so much tea, she answered yes lovingly.

Then we wondered lazily and casually in this slow-paced and cozy city.

I fell in love with the city. If I had a lover and money, I would live here with her peacefully.

On weekends, I hang out in Chiangmai with Wendy. We visited the ancient city and we went Nimmanhaemin Road when we got hungry. We went window shopping in some internet celebrities' shops and enjoyed popular food on the Internet. We found fault with all kinds of foods like couples.

I stopped flattering Wendy, because I was clam in mind. I just played some jokes to make us happy.

And neither did she give me a cold face like she was going to refuse me from long distance. She was pretty and quiet, just occasionally naughty.

But when I got out of my room on Monday morning, I met her again. She was going out also, but I found she became former Wendy again.

She didn't wear pleated skirt and georgette but her steady and efficient professional dress again. There was no expression on her face, no sweetness and prettiness.

"Good morning."She said hello to me without any expression. Her heels made cadenced noise on the floor when she went to the elevator. She said without looking at me "You can rest two days, and go back home with me when I finish the things with BTT Group."

"Okay."

I looked at her back and replied slightly.

It seemed we were going back to before.

Indeed it was like this. Wendy didn't have meals with me alone. Because the people in the same group would have lunch together on work days.

What made me happy was Wendy would ask me for dinner. And I didn't refuse. The people in the group would leave an empty seat for me each time, they knew I was courting Wendy.

I stopped being unscrupulous like before. I talked with the people of BTT Group when we had dinner together. So sometimes they would ask me if they have any questions.

It was a good thing. It meant that I got involved them and they accepted me.

Three days later I went to the hospital and took out stitches. The wound was getting better, nothing was serious.

Wendy finished all important things then she reserved air tickets back home. Only me would go back with her. Others would stay in Chiangmai until the project was finished. And some engineers would be drafted to improve and maintain the project.

On the afternoon of Thursday, Wendy and I arrived at the international airport of Shenghai City. I saw an old man who was in his fifties and bland in appearance at the exist. He came to pick up Wendy on purpose.

"Young lady, you came back." That old man bent slightly to Wendy, he was respectful and amiable.

"Uncle Cheng, I thought you are in Yanjing. Why you came here?" Wendy was surprised to see him.

"I shall come. You were on a business trip for so long. You must be tired. I come especially to pick you home."

As his words fell, the old man looked at me who was standing aside with a smile especially.