86-Thank you

We'd gotten through the opening speeches, we'd gotten through the sponsors, we'd gotten through awards and walking the stage, and now we were waiting to turn our tassels.

"Before we give our final statements, I would like to begin the closing of this ceremony with a moment of silence. Jordan Moreny was a wonderful young man and one of the best to have ever walked the halls of our school. He was taken too soon, and today we honor him." Our principal starts and I already want to cry.

The whole stadium went quiet for what felt like forever. Someway, somehow Jordan had come to be loved by everyone in that school, to have him gone is a loss for everyone.

"I would also like to call his family up to the stage, his whole family," He announces and we all just look at eachother.

We watch as his parents and Julia step up on the stage, Julia was wearing the little football jersey Jordan had gotten her at the beginning if their season.

My eyes meet his moms and she motions for me to join them.

"His whole family," our principal smiles "Arrex, Ace, Beck and Bailey Kalanski, Caleb Kazer, Emma Majoure, Tyler Powell, Amy Balenti, Wes Addams, and Lexi Pavola, please join us,"

"What?" Beck questions ad we all stand. Co just shrugs beside him as we make our ways through our rows and onto the stage, we all hug his family before looking back at our principal.

"Jordan was supposed to read a speech tonight. He won the nomination by a landslide. He reached everyones hearts and not one negative memory of him was left in this school. In his place today, we have his family, speaking on his behalf. It is an honor to introduce the man and woman who raised such an amazing young man. Mr and Mrs. Moreny"

We all watch as his mom steps up to the podium first. Holding back tear herself, she takes his dads hand and begins to speak.

"I want to start by saying that we did not raise him alone. And as much as we'd love to say that Jordan was all us, we can't because that would simply not be true. Twelve years ago, we moved here to find better for Jordan and our not even thought of yet, daughter, Julia. What we got was so so much more. We found friends, we found family. So I want to start with some thank yous. To Cheri and Adam, Aaron and Kay, and Kerry. Thank you for watching over him when we were not able to. Being working parents is never easy, especially at as demanding of jobs as ours. Having people like all of you around us, made everything so much easier. Jordan loved each and every one of you like he did us, he regarded you as his parents just as much as we were. For the late nights he was at your house, for the lessons you taught him, for the countless meals and for the family you gave him, we want to thank you. He would not have been the amazing boy he was without you." She begins and I almost break. I knew my parents were crying. They always saw Jordan as another son, and they loved him as one. He was one of us.

"He also would not have been who he was without his friends who he loved more than words can say. Amy, you were the one to drop anything you were doing whenever he needed help in English. He loved your study sessions, he loved the girl that made his best friend beyond happy and he loved the new friend he made this year." While it may have seemed like they weren't super close, Jordan and Amy had their own unique relationship. They became fast friends.

"Lexi. you were the girl he was scared to love because he thought he wasn't supposed to. Jordan never had a girlfriend before you, and boy let me tell you, he was terrified to mess up. I have never seen a look of pure love in his eyes until you started coming around." She wasn't lying either. He loved the boys and I, but Lexi he was in love with. His eyes lit up and he got excited when she was, he laughed and really showed interest in her. He was in love with her.