23

-Brianna's POV-

        After Sunday, I've never felt more confused.  Luke hates me, but he also likes me...?  I thought we were just on an annoying hate basis, but I'm pretty sure we aren't anymore.  Not only had he admit it, but I could tell with myself as well.  When he kissed me, I got that same feeling form the first time.  I thought I only felt all tingly and warm because it was my first kiss, especially since I never had that feeling with Drew.  Yet, Luke made it happen again and I was confused on how.

        On Monday, I made sure to try and talk to Luke.  Things would be weird, but I had to know if what he said was true.  All those strange feelings he got around me, the urges...and did I feel the same way?  I don't want to but...I might actually like him.

        I walked into the school with Mikey, glancing over to his group to find that Luke was not there.  That means he was outside of the school, listening to music or smoking...or maybe even both.

        I started to make my way back outside when I heard my friends call for me.  I sighed, knowing I should tell them what I'm doing.  I turned around and walked over to them, a small grin on my face.

        "Hey guys, I hope you don't mind but I really need to do something!"  I told them.

        "What are you doing?  I mean, you were going outside!"  Ally said, trying to hide her nervous suspicions.  "You weren't skipping or anything, were you?"

        "Ally!"  Sophie scolded.

        "I'm sorry, she's just been hanging around him a lot and there's a possibility he could be rubbing off on her!"

        "No!  I would never skip!"  I exclaimed, a bit offended she would think of such a thing.  Yes, I was going to talk to Luke but I would never skip a class!  "I'm just trying...uh, I have to talk to someone," I decided it wouldn't be the best idea to say I was looking for Luke so we could talk, especially when she already assumes I would skip class because I've been around him so much.

        Ally is too smart though and raised an eyebrow.  "You're looking for him, aren't you?"

        "He has a name, you know!"  I reminded, finding it annoying she would only refer to Luke as him.  Why wouldn't she just say his name?

        "He's a delinquent!  In my book, he doesn't need a name!"

        "Okay, Ally.  That's enough!  I'm sure that since Brianna has been hanging around him so much that she knows he isn't that bad," Sophie tried to stay optimistic.  Did I eve mention how grateful I am to have her?  Ally rolled her eyes though.  "Go ahead, bell is going to ring soon though."

        I nodded, smiling at Sophie.  "Thanks, see you in class!"  I said before rushing outside in search of Luke.  I had to walk around the school a bit, but I found him leaning against the wall taking a smoke.

        I groaned, hating the smell of cigarettes but knowing that I had to speak to Luke.  I walked over to him, making him look my way.  The closer I got, the more I realized how unprepared I was.  What was I going to say?

        Luke took the cigarette out to speak.  "I'm honestly not surprised you came to find me since you're one to "talk things out".  But I'll save you the time and say there's not really anything to talk about," he said, putting the cigarette back in.  I stood there, looking away  as Luke took the cigarette out again and blew some smoke out.  "All that happened was me being stupid and unable to control myself.  I don't know why, but something about you triggers that to happen.  You give me strange feelings that I can't really explain, and I don't want to find out why, okay?"

        I remained silent, wishing I was more prepared.  "Besides, it's not like I want these feelings.  If I could control them, I would.  But you have to know all of it means nothing!  What happened meant nothing!"

        I tried to think of something to say as Luke put the cigarette back in, but not sure how to respond to him.  "You kissed me...twice.  You said I give you strange feelings and you don't know what they are.  You say you get urges around me.  All of these things, but you're supposed to hate me...have you ever thought you might be developing fe..."

        "Don't you dare finish that sentence!" Luke snapped, pulling his cigarette away.  "I don't get like that, not for anyone!  So don't think that because of all of this shit that I suddenly feel like that towards you!" He threw the cigarette to the ground before stomping on it and walking past me.

        I stood there, not doing anything but processing my thoughts.  Whatever was going on with Luke must not have anything to do with me.  He's just bipolar, and I'm just part of his little situation.  I immediately trashed the possibility of liking Luke, as it's pretty clear he doesn't like me and never will.

        I brought myself back into reality when I heard the warning bell.  Time to go back in and keep my reputation and permanent record squeaky clean.

        I walked into math completely forgetting about Drew until he sat down beside me.  With everything that was going on with Luke, I almost forgot Drew had broken up with me.

        "Hey, Brianna...can we talk?" he asked as we waited for class to start.

        "Is that really a good idea?" I replied, keeping my eyes on my planner as I filled it out.

        "I just...I want to apologize about getting angry with you and basically not trusting you," he started, making me write faster at the memory.  "But I realized I overreacted and that you should be able to hang around who you want.  I trust you and know that you couldn't possibly have something going on with Luke Hemmings so..." he paused for a second before finishing.  "Will you take me back?"

        I stopped writing and stared at my desk.  Drew wants me back?  He trusts me?  The bell rang and the teacher walked in, but Drew was still waiting for an answer.  I didn't even want to think about what Drew said about Luke and I being together because something did happen...but it was when we weren't together.  But after this morning, Luke made it pretty clear he had no feelings for me whatsoever, and I don't have any for him...

        I looked over at Drew, giving a small smile.  "Yeah.  I will."

        Drew smiled, kissing my cheek and hugging me with one arm.  "Great," he whispered, facing the board as class started.

        I sat there, thinking.  I might not get the same feeling with Drew as I get with Luke, but at least Drew likes me.  This has to be the right decision.