3

-Brianna's POV-

The next day went pretty similarly. Mikey drove me to school, we separated to our own groups, I explained everything that happened yesterday to Sophie and Ally, and then we went on to talk about school.

I glanced, like normal, over at my brother's group. Of course Brook and Luke were making out, and I had a feeling Claire and Ashton would soon as well by the looks of it. It disgusts me that they do they so much in public. I turned back to Sophie and Ally, getting back in their conversation about school.

When it came time to go to English, I was rushing down the hallway. My teacher let me out late and English was all the way on the other side of the school, and I couldn't be late! As I fast walked, since we couldn't run, I bumped into someone. I mumbled a sorry, not having time to stop, but they grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. I came face to face with Brook and Claire who didn't look too happy. I gulped, frightened by them. They weren't the kindest people, probably why Brook and Luke get on so well.

"Excuse me?" Brook snapped, very annoyed with me.

"I-I'm sorry I'm just trying to get to class and I di..."

"Did I ask for story time? I don't think so!" she cut me off. We stood there in silence for a minute, and I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to leave though because I was honestly scared to. "Well?"

"Um..." I trailed off. What did they expect me to do?

As if reading my mind, Claire spoke up. "Are you gonna apologize?"

"Oh! Yeah, sorry. Won't happen again," I looked down, not wanting to make eye contact.

"You're lucky you have a hot brother, or you would be dead by now!" Brook said, not even accepting the apology. I cringed when she mentioned my brother. My brother was not hot, and it was weird to have someone say he was. Especially when it was Brook Wards. "GO ahead now," Brook dismissed me, turning away.

"And don't let it happen again!" Claire added before turning around as well.

I watched them walk away before I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I jumped at the sound of the bell, signalling I was late. I started to panic and rush to class. I can't be late!

When I arrived, class had barely started. I felt my cheeks get hot, the door slowly closing behind me. Mrs. Gregory looked over to me, opening her mouth to speak but was interrupted when the door opened once again. I turned around and of course Luke was late.

"Running late again, are we?" she asked Luke before turning to me. "And you, I see..."

"I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't mean to be late! I was trying my best to get here but my last class is all the way on the other side of the school and then I ran into..." I rambled.

"Enough, Miss Clifford. I've heard you to be an excellent student and I expect this won't happen again," she cut me off. I quickly nodded in response, feeling a bit relieved I was in no trouble. "As for you, Luke. I warned you yesterday..."

"I just got lost again!" Luke cut her off, defending himself. I rolled my eyes as he lied once more.

"You're very lucky it's still the first week of school and I can't give out detention for tardiness. Both of you may take your seats!" she said, turning away from us.

I looked out into the class and realized the only seats left were one towards the window in the middle row, and one in the middle of the back row. I guess the window seat will do for today.