51

-Brianna's POV-

I sat through science class, unmotivated and unhappy. Mikey was really getting on my nerves. All I wanted to do was at least walk to class on my own or with friends, not him.

The bell rang and I stood up, taking my time to walk out of class. But when I did, Mikey wasn't there. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around and wondering if he was late or something, but that hasn't happened all week.

"Looking for someone?" I turned around, surprised to hear his voice.

"Luke? Wh..."

"Shh! I don't have a lot of time!" he cut me off, looking behind him.

I furrowed my eyebrows, opening my mouth to ask him questioned but all he did was hand me a piece of paper, wink, and ran off. I looked back, watching him turn the corner as I stood in confusion. What had just happened? And the paper... I looked down at it, seeing it was folded and started to unfold it when I was interrupted.

"Sorry I'm late, Calum and Ashton decided it would be funny to just bomb me with water balloons when I walked out of class," Mikey apologized, making me chuckle. It all seemed pretty suspicious. Mikey being bombarded by Calum and Ashton, Luke being able to meet me for a brief second to hand me a note, have not time, and then run off. The note!

As if reading my mind, Mikey pointed to the note that was still in my hand and nearly unfolded. "What's that?"

I glanced down at the note before putting it in my pocket and shrugging. "Nothing, just a note from...the teacher. It's-uh...possible tutoring hours and stuff, you don't care," I lied, finding it came more easily than I thought. I blame Luke and his influence.

Luckily, Mikey bought it and started walking me to class. "Let's just go, I know you hate being late."

When I got to class, the bell just rang. Mikey would be late for class but it was his fault and he's use to it. I just sat down, waiting as the teacher took attendance and slowly took the note out of my pocket. I finally unfolded it and recognized Luke's handwriting:

Brie,

Meet during lunch by Mrs. Gregory's room. We need to talk, better yet, we need to fix this.

-L

I stared at the note, rereading it to see if I did correctly. We were really gonna meet up and fix things? Did he have a plan? What was going on? So many questions swirled in my mind that could only be answered at lunch.

Lunch came and I was getting anxious. Actually, I've been anxious since I got the note. I wasn't sure what was waiting for me, but I needed to go.

"Hey, I can't sit with you guys today, I have to go somewhere," I told Ally and Sophie.

"Where?" Ally asked.

"Mrs. Gregory's room," I answered, not lying. It's not like she'll follow me.

"Why?"

"I have to talk to her...about a project..." I trailed off.

"Why don't you just wait..."

"It doesn't matter, just let her go, Ally!" Sophie interrupted, then turning to me with a smile. "Go ahead," she winked.