2

-Brianna's POV-

        "Excuse me?"  Mrs. Gregory spoke to Luke as the door slowly shut.

        "Oh, sorry.  I uh...got lost..."  he obviously lied.  He was a senior who, even though skipped class a lot, knew the school perfectly.

        Mrs. Gregory wasn't falling for it either and sighed.  "I'll let it slide since it's the first day, but please don't come late again," she warned.  Luke just nodded, walking to the back of the classroom and sitting down.  Of course Luke made sure to bump his backpack into my desk as he made his way to the back.  I took a deep but silent breath, knowing it wouldn't be good to make a scene.

        I can't believe Luke had to be in my favorite class and most likely ruin it!  Why couldn't it have been Calum, or Ash, or even my own brother?!  Anyone but Luke!  I might even consider having Brook and Claire in my class instead!  But no, it had to be Luke!

        "So anyway, I just wanted to say that this year we will have a few essays..." Mrs. Gregory continued, earning a few groans.  "But!  Our main focus will be poetry.  All the ways you can write it, all the freedom you have while writing it, and how it has been written before!"  she finished.  Poetry?  I haven't done poetry in years!  "As your first assignment I want you to write as many words as you can on a blank piece of paper throughout the rest of today and tomorrow until you are in this class again.  It could describe what you're feeling, it could describe what you are seeing, or even the first word that pops into your head!  Just write as many as you can by next class!" she directed.

        I furrowed my eyebrows, writing down the assignment in my planner.  It was quite an odd assignment, but it didn't seem too hard so I was accepting it.  "You may use this class time to get started!" Mrs. Gregory announced.  Many people went straight to writing, but I wasn't sure what to write.  What words could i possibly write down?

        I thought about how I was feeling and wrote happy, excited, and confused.  I guess it was something.  I felt something hit the back of my head and sat up.  It wasn't hard, just hard enough to make me notice.  I turned around and noticed a crumpled piece of paper on the ground.  This must have hit me.  I picked it up, flattening it out and reading it;

        Words that describe Brianna:

Annoying

Rude

Pushy

Bossy

Perfectionist

Defensive

Disagreeable

        I turned and glared back at Luke who had obviously wrote these.  He gave sly grin, not even trying to hide it.  The worst part though was that he technically did the assignment, in a rude way, and had more words than me.  I just shook my head and tried to think of more words.

        Class felt like forever because I found it hard to think up of words.  Luke wasn't helping by constantly bugging me with notes, throwing pencils, and bumping into my desk whenever he "needed something".

        I walked out of school with Sophie and Ally who of course loved their first day, and couldn't stop talking about it.  It's not that I didn't enjoy my first day, it's just that Luke ruined it.

        "What about you, Brianna?  You're not saying anything and you usually always have something exciting to say about school!"  Ally asked me, surprised I wasn't talking.

        I shrugged.  "I had a great day...at least until last period..." I trailed off.

        "Why?  Bad teacher?" Sophie guessed, but i shook my head.

        "No, more like bad student," I muttered but so they could both still understand me.

        Sophie gasped.  "Did you have Brook or Claire in your last period!?"

        "No, but you're on the right track!  I had..."

        "Hey, Brianna!  Hurry up and get in, we have to practice," Mikey cut me off as he drove right in front of us, his window rolled down.  He was referring to band practice, which meant loud music while I was doing homework and relaxing at home.

        I looked back at Sophie and Ally, giving an apologetic look.  "Sorry guys.  I'll see you tomorrow?"  They both nodded before giving a smile and a wave, leaving me with my brother.

        I opened the door to get in the car when I noticed that Calum was sitting in the passenger seat.  I closed my eyes, silently groaning because usually when my brother had one of them, he had all of them.

        "Oh yeah, we're driving them today.  You'll have to sit in the back," Mikey said.  I glared at him and opened the back door to find Luke and Ash on separate sides.

        "Do I have to sit in the middle?"  I pretty much whined.

        "Yes, we'd be even more squished otherwise," Ash answered.  I knew he was right since all of the boys were at least 6 feet tall while I was 5 foot 4.

        I sighed and climbed in between Ash and Luke, trying my best to be closer to Ash than Luke.  Luke noticed this and made sure to take up as much room as possible, making me roll my eyes.  I couldn't wait to just get home.

        We finally got home and I immediately went up to my room, shutting the door behind me.  I set my backpack on my bed and pulled out all the paperwork I got today.  Most of it was things for my dad to sign or information I had to fill out about myself, and then there was that stupid sheet I had from English class with only three words.  I pulled that out, accidentally pulling out Luke's first note with his words describing me.  I stared at it and decided to use it to my benefit.  I added annoyed and perfect to my list, feeling better I had at least five things now.

        I set an alarm on my ipod for an hour, that way I would know when to take a break.  I also had an alarm for my half an hour break, another hour of homework, an hour for dinner, and then an alarm for my bedtime.  I guess you could say I was pretty organized to the point where I knew what I was doing when.  I added organized to my list as well.

        After an hour of doing mostly thinking and attempting to ignore music from the band, my alarm went off.  I sighed and shut it off, standing up and tiredly but happy to take a break.  I grabbed my journal from under my bed and opened it up.  No, it wasn't a diary.  I just write any story ideas, actual stories, and occasionally poetry.  It just wasn't my strong suit. 

        I started writing but was interrupted when I heard a thump outside my door.  I furrowed my eyebrows but decided to ignore it.  I continued to write again, having a story idea inside my head.  I started scribbling it down along with my others, but jumped as I heard the thump again.  This time a little louder.

        I sighed and got up, setting my pencil down and walked to my door.  I slowly opened it, screaming once I saw someone standing there and nearly falling over.  I glared once I realized it was Luke.

        "What are you doing?!" I exclaimed, making him take a step back.

        He leaned against the wall by my door and tried acting cool.  "I came up to get Michael's notebook, it has the songs and stuff he's written."

        "Why didn't Mikey just come up and get it himself?"  I asked, making it obvious I was annoyed with him yet again.

        Luke shrugged by paused before speaking again.  "You still call him Mikey?"  he asked, chuckling.

        I crossed my arms and replied, "Yes, that's what I've always called him!   Why would I stop?" 

         "I don't know, you're nearly done with school and you still have a cute kid name for him," he said, obviously finding it funny and immature. 

        I was about to respond but remembered what we were doing here in the first place.  "We aren't talking about this, we're talking about you just standing outside my door like some creep!"  I yelled at him.

        "I told you, I came up here to get Michael's notebook!  Then I heard your a stupid alarm or whatever from your room and stopped!" he explained.

         "What was the thumping?"

        "I just dropped the notebook and uh...leaned harder into the wall than I expected..." he trailed off, making me snort.  He clearly fell over.  I looked down and noticed the notebook.  At least he wasn't lying.

        I bent over and picked it up, shoving it into Luke's chest.  "Well now you have your notebook, so leave," I demanded, pushing him away.

        "You can't just push me!"  he snapped, taking a step back so I was no longer touching him.

        "You shouldn't be standing outside my door!  That's like an invasion of privacy!"  I yelled at him.

         "Maybe you shouldn't have a loud, annoying alarm!"

        "Maybe you shouldn't be so loud and annoying!" I shot back at him, failing to control my temper.  We were both in each other's faces at this point, only inches apart. 

        "What is going on?"  Mikey came upstairs, calling at us.  Luke and I moved away from each other and looked at Mikey.  "Are you guys seriously fighting again?"

        "Luke started it," I mumbled, crossing my arms.

        "No I didn't!" he disagreed, like usual.

        "You guys act like you're five!  Can you just say sorry and move on?"  Mikey suggested, looking back and forth at us.  Luke and I glanced at each other, neither of us saying a word.  "Or you guys can ignore each other..."

        "Fine with me!"  I agreed, keeping a glare on Luke.

        "Me too," he muttered, glaring right back.

        "Well, at least you agree on something," Mikey sighed, patting Luke on the arm.  "Let's go back and practice."  Luke slowly nodded, still glaring at me as Mikey lead him out.  I continued glaring until they were out of sight, then I let out a a huge breath.

        I went back into my room, closing the door behind me and going to my bed.  I lay on my back, thinking over what just happened.  Luke and I got into many fights, but we've never been that close to each other.  I don't think I've ever been that close to someone, especially Luke!  But I wasn't intending on getting that close to him again.