57

-Brianna's POV-

1 Day Until Gig

        After having two more group meetings, both which included Ally this time as she wanted to take part, there was one day left until the gig and me and Luke had one more writing session.  We were almost done and just needed a few finishing touches.  We taught the guys the music for each of their instruments, and now was just finishing the words.

        "Are the guys down there practicing?" I asked as Luke walked into my room.

        He shut the door behind him as I put my homework aside and grabbed our lyrics.  "Yeah, they pretty much have it down, just perfecting it."

        "Wow, that was quick," I said surprised.

        "We've all become fast learners due to procrastination," Luke bragged, sitting beside me.

        I chuckled, shaking my head.  "I wouldn't make that a habit," I warned playfully.  "Are we ready to finish this song?  Only a few more lines."

        Luke gave a small grin.  "Yeah...I guess so..." he breathed.

        I gave him a strange look in response to his behavior, but decided not to question it.  It could be nothing and just him saying it differently than he wanted.

        "Okay...do you have any ideas on what to write next?" I asked him.

        Luke sat there for a moment before replying.  "Can we lay down?" he changed the subject.  I scrunched my eyebrows together, wondering where that came from.

        "What?"

        "Please?  We don't need to play the guitar since we only have lyrics left, and I think it would just be...relaxing..." he explained.

        I took a breath and shrugged, not against the idea.  "I guess."  Luke lay down and I followed, laying beside him and the notebook with out lyrics set on my stomach.  "Now, the song..."

        "Do we have to write the song right now?" Luke interrupted.

        I stared up at the ceiling, thrown off my Luke's behavior.  "Of course!  We're almost done, only a few lines are left, Luke!" I waved my pencil around as I spoke.  Luke just sighed in response, so I went along with the writing.  "So, for this part can be more of the regret but in a nice way.  You know, accepting fate and moving on."

        "Maybe they don't want to accept fate, maybe they don't want to move on!" Luke suggested.

        I furrowed my eyebrows, turning my head to face him.  "Is everything okay?"

        "Why would you ask me that?" he didn't look at me.

        "You've been acting weird since you walked into the room.  You want to lay down, you don't want to finish the song...and now this.  What's going on?"

        Luke sighed, staring up at my ceiling.  "You know...this could be the last time we do this.  The last song we write together...the last time we're together alone..." he trailed off.  "I don't want it to be the last time.   I don't want to accept fate and move on."  I stared at Luke, shocked.  He slowly turned his head to face me.  "I don't want the song to be over, because I don't want us to be over."

        "Luke...I didn't even think of it like that..." I replied softly, setting the notebook and pencil down on the other side of me.  All I thought was finishing the song, not thinking it could be our last.

        Luke reached over and pulled me into him.  I moved around to get comfortable, the two of us just laying now.  "It all scares me...tomorrow scares me...this could be all we have left."

        "I don't want us to end either, Luke.  That's the whole point of this plan, so it's not.  We will change my dad's mind though, we will be able to write more songs together, and we will still be together by the end of the day tomorrow," I tried assuring him, though I wasn't sure myself. 

        "I've always loved that about you.  Your positivity.  You're always looking on the brighter side, and it was a nice change from my pessimistic thoughts," Luke said.

        I grinned.  "You weren't pessimistic, you were just realistic.  That's something I've always loved about you."

        Luke chuckled softly.  "This is why we need each other.  The realist and the dreamer."

        "You and I," I added.

        We lay there, in silence.  I'm not sure how long we were like this, but it was long enough for us to cherish it.  We finished the song too, still laying though.  Now there was just tomorrow, no matter how much we didn't want it to come.