Chapter 2: Meetings

As I was following Widowmaker around, something struck me.

"Have we ever met before?"

"You mean when I broke through your window and kidnapped you?", she said coldly.

"No. I don't know why but I have the feeling we've seen each other before. What did you do before this?"

"I've always been an assassin. You must mistake me for someone else."

I thought hard about it, but I couldn't think of any memories concerning her. Strange.

She stopped at a heavy sliding door, which opened to reveal the 'bunk' I was gonna stay in.

At least it was better than home. Hell, it even looked as if I had half of a lab in here.

"Wow. You guys sure don't count every penny. This room is spacious!"

Silence from her. Right. Silent assassin.

"I can't believe it! Finally. Finally I'm going to be able to show that asshole that his project is mine!"

I laughed. Finally, I was going to be able to do something proper. Something right.

"So wait. Who is the rest of the crew? It can't just be you and tall, dark and brooding, right?"

"Correct. We have a few other...team members on the ship. We shall meet them now."

You followed her out again. After following throughout a few of the hallways you found a diner of sorts.

"We have a new employee. They are under our protection for the remainder of their stay. Y/N, introduce yourself."

I walked up awkwardly until...

"Wait! Whoa! Hang on a frickin' minute! Professor De Kuiper?!"

The bald man, stood up and floated towards you.

"It seems you are aware of me and my work."

"Natuurlijk! U bent een van de grootste professoren in heel europa!"

"Of course! You are one of the greatest professors in all of europe!"

He smiled at me. "And your dutch is not half bad."

"It's been a bit rusty over the past few years. You've been an inspiration for me back when I went to the university!"

I looked behind him. "Moira O' Dearion? You guys have some of the greatest minds available?!"

The tall woman stood up, greeting me with a bit of a strange air around her. She seemed strange and rather creepy, but her smile seems honest to me.

"Ai, cabrona. Why did we have to bring in another egghead?"

Behind me stood the lean sporty girl, sporting a bunch of tech on her body.

"Huh. That's a lot of tech you have on you. Are those neural interfaces, connecting to your fingernails?"

Her demeanor seemed to change.

"Then again. He seems pretty insightful. So why is he here?"

"He will bring...changes to the Temaris project we'll be bringing in."

Widowmaker's voice, when she spoke at least, sounded smooth and elegant. As if it were a form of singing. I had to be honest, I did quite like her voice.

Professor De Kuiper, apparently now codenamed Sigma, as well as professor Moira, looked me both over.

"It will be good to see you when you work.", Sigma said.

"Thanks. I'll make sure to do that inspiration of yours proud."

Timeskip to when you enter your room again

A few hours later, I went back in my bunk. Luckily, this place had a pretty good shower, with hot water this time.

After I was finished, I bound a towel around me, and started to walk out, only to be startled by Widowmaker.

"Widow! What are you doing here?! A little bit of privacy please?!"

"I've been tasked with keeping an eye on you. Which I don't necessarily mind.", she said seductively.

Her voice. Where had I heard this voice?

"Well...thank you. But if you could just please wait in the main room? I'm not heading anywhere."

She moved slowly, indicating her wish not to, but did walk off to the main room, swaying her hips as she did.

I looked in the mirror, readying myself.

"What the hell just happened??", I asked myself.

I got dressed for bed, as I was pretty exhausted after all that happened and walked out to the main room, where Widowmaker was sitting on the couch.

Her legs were crossed, one leg dangling slowly to the side as she seemed to wait for me, her hands placed behind her.

"So. You're tasked with keeping an eye on me?"

She simply nodded. A smile on her lips and her eyes locked onto yours.

"Why? You guys have quite literally saved me out of a horrible life. I was gonna be the scientist who would have so many deaths and broken families on his conscience. You guys have given me a chance to turn that around."

You stood looking away, cleaning your glasses as you were going to get ready for bed.

"What would you change about it then, chèrie?"

"I don't know. I could do so much. Maybe innovate it into a..."

She called me chèrie. She called me dear. What. The. Hell?

I turned around to see she was nearly face to face with me. My face went red almost immediately.

"Uh. Widowmaker? Some personal space here?"

"What are you afraid of, Y/N?"

"I'm not afraid...I'm just trying to figure out what's happening. Why are you acting like this?"

"How do you mean?", she inched closer.

I just shifted away from her, circled around her and walked back.

"You seem to be taking the job of keeping an eye on me rather...serious."

"So you do not like me then?"

I just stood there with my mouth open. Thousands of thoughts passed by me, but none made sense.

"What? I mean...yes, I think, I mean you seem nice, I mean, I don't know exactly, we've just met and I just, I mean."

I just kept rambling as she simply smiled. Until I took a deep breath.

"Coffee. Tomorrow. What time are you free?", I asked.

"How about 7 pm?", she said, the same seductive tone in her voice.

"Sure. 7 pm. Coffee. Yes.", I felt awkward. An assassin that I just asked out on a date. How did this happen?

She smiled and nodded. "Very well, chèrie. See you tomorrow. Goodnight."

With that she walked out and the door closed.

I just fell back on the bed, thinking about what had just transpired and how I was going to go on a date with Widowmaker, a single day after arriving.

What a day.